Homebrew VBA GX - Classic Controller Analog Issue

Rational Gaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an official Nintendo Classic Controller Pro that I bought about two years ago to use for my emulators on the Wii, and it is by far my favorite to use for just about all of them. Recently I've been paying more attention to VBA GX to play some Zelda titles, and just now have I started to notice that the left analog has some issues with it. I would really like to use the left analog stick as my means of movement if possible, since its there to be used, not to mention its more comfortable than the directional pad.

Whenever I try to push the analog straight to the left, until it hits the corner with the X axis maxed to the negative, and Y axis at zero, there is absolutely no response. If I move the analog to shift the Y axis just a bit in either direction, the movement will be read. In fact, as long as Y axis is at zero, the negative X axis is completely useless. Positive X works with no hassle. It also appears that if I want to move down, there's also a dead zone when ever I move the stick down, with the X asis being slightly positive.

I can assure you that the controller itself is not the problem because the analog stick works perfectly for my NES and SNES emulators, and all my Virtual Console games work just swell with it. I've updated my version of VBA GX to the latest I could find, being v.2.2.5 as far as I know, and the problem still lingers. I've heard there were some compatibility issues with 3rd party controllers in the past, but considering I bought mine brand new from Gamestop in the box, I'm pretty sure mine is 100% Nintendo, which I usually buy to avoid problems such as these. If anyone has suggestions or fixes, I would be very grateful as I plan to keep on using VBA GX in the future and getting the analog stick to function properly as it should, would be wonderful.

UPDATE:

I managed to fix the problem, all I had to do was plug in the GC controller. For some reason that solved all of my problems. Thanks for the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.