Hacking Various DSTT questions (skins, homebrews and all that jazz)

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1- Are you using a WI-FI Router or the Nintendo USB Dongle? Because, the DS won't connect to the internet alone
tongue.gif

2-LMP-NG, is an iPod Clone, i liked it. You also have Moonshell and the most recen M3Sakura OS that has integrated MP3 PLayer (You can view videos, play mp3, but you cant boot games).

3-Have you cheked inside skin/default folder under TTMENU? Every single BMP for the skin is there. For tranpsarency, all you can get is non-antialiased tranparency (IE, like the DS Icons). You should use that pink color... 255,0,255 [on paint, i can remember the HEX code].

4-You need to put the WHOLE folder on a ZIP/RAR file. Try to see a tutorial on how to do that.

5-Are you sure yo activated them? I just tested them on Megaman ZX and work fine. Remember yo don't have to go back. You need to save the changes.

I hope all this have helped you.

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
litium said:
1- Are you using a WI-FI Router or the Nintendo USB Dongle? Because, the DS won't connect to the internet alone
tongue.gif

2-LMP-NG, is an iPod Clone, i liked it. You also have Moonshell and the most recen M3Sakura OS that has integrated MP3 PLayer (You can view videos, play mp3, but you cant boot games).

3-Have you cheked inside skin/default folder under TTMENU? Every single BMP for the skin is there. For tranpsarency, all you can get is non-antialiased tranparency (IE, like the DS Icons). You should use that pink color... 255,0,255 [on paint, i can remember the HEX code].

4-You need to put the WHOLE folder on a ZIP/RAR file. Try to see a tutorial on how to do that.

5-Are you sure yo activated them? I just tested them on Megaman ZX and work fine. Remember yo don't have to go back. You need to save the changes.

I hope all this have helped you.

1. lol, I use a Wi-Fi signal for it, not that USB thing.

2. I've heard of the iPod clone, just never found a download or tutorial for it. I've nevr been able to make Moonshell work for me (wouldn't play anything except for a horrible Homebrew game). I've heard of Sakura before, is that only for the M3 though?

3. I know they are there, I just want to know how to edit them. It just shows it and when zoomed in I wouldn't know how to make it so looks nice when actual size. Couldn't you make pics that size (whatever it is) and replace it with the original (with the right name of course).

4. Edited question because I know how to sendspace skins already. NDSThemes is the problem area now.

5. I got it to work now; for some reason it worked when I saved in-game and re-paused. Weird.

P.S. JUS Patch has been working great, thanks for the tutorial to make it work for DSTTs.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1- Mmmm. I'm guessing it's a problem with those homebrews.
2-M3 Sakura works on other flashcards, but it doesn't boot games. And i've tried booting homebrew on DSTT and has problems with auto-dldi. But, i played several MP3 and DPG. Worked great. Also, here you go with LMP-NG: http://www.cecm.usp.br/~lucas/lmp-ng/lmp-ng-2-alpha.zip
3- Have you tried adobe photshop or some image editor? I don't quite get what you can't do. Just open the BMP and edit it.
4-I still suggest you upload it as a .ZIP in rapidshare.de or some site like that. Downloading and installing Java in some machines cuold be a pain in the ass.

And for the JUS Patch, you're welcome
biggrin.gif

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I guess. Shame, I was hoping for beUp or DS AIM on the go.
2. I'll try the iPod clone. I'm STILL trying to make Moonshell work.
3. I use Paint.NET. It's the fact that it's extremely blurry. I can't comprehend what I'm changing and how it'll look. Like I said earlier, is it possible to just re-size a photo, change it to .BMP, re-name it and replace it? If so, then the only thing keeping me from creating truly unique skins is learning how to edit pictures well.
4. Ain't that the truth.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
'bout moonshell, M3Sakura is based on it... so it's like having moonshell. But still, what's the problem that you're having?. And about Paint.NET... i've never used it. But yes, it's possible to resize a photo and save it as a BMP and replace it on the folder. Also, i suggest that you download DSTT Skin Editor to see how the skin is looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: