Hacking variable game forwarder channel?

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if theirs a channel that we can setup to load a bunch of different ISOs from the hdd

for example when mario galaxy 2 comes out, link that channel to it on my hdd then change it to metroid later etc

does this even exist?

-chaseincats

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sort of like a generic CRAP?

You want it to redirect to an iso for example USB:/isos/image.iso and just replace the iso each time you get a game?

I guess it would check the title ID of the iso and fail?

why?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KiiWii said:

You want it to redirect to an iso for example USB:/isos/image.iso and just replace the iso each time you get a game?

why?
No I think he wants one channel that can be configured to boot a specific game

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
KiiWii said:

why?
No I think he wants one channel that can be configured to boot a specific game

ya, I know their are forwarder channels made for game X

wondering if theirs a channel that can be configured for game X, Y, or Z dynamically

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
How to create a "CRAP Multi-Forwarder Channel" 101

u would have to first create a bunch of CRAP forwarder channels

the extract the *dol's from each of them using customize mii or any other tool capable of doing this

then u would need to download spacejumps multi-forwarder source code from HERE (I think wiipower also has multi-forwarder thread with source code somewhere that could be used instead)

Install devkit pro if u don't have it already

then modify spacejump's (or wiipowers) source code to load the extracted CRAP dol's instead of w/e the default values are

then build the dol, and insert it into a channel using customize mii (u probably also want to edit the banner to describe what game each button will load)

Edit: I actually think this is a good idea for a channel... I don't have time to do it myself, but when I find time, I'll probably take a look at it assuming no1 has beaten me to the punch (but I encourage any1 to try doing this themselves! But don't forget about brick protection first!)

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
well, u could always request in the CRAP thread that WiiCrazy add's Multi-Forwarder Channel support... but that would be a lot of work on his part... so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, if ever

?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u have a Question? ask it!
tongue.gif

basically I was saying this could be added to "CRAP", but I doubt it will ever happen. And if it were added to crap, it may only be able to create the DOL and not the WAD because the wad would require a custom multi-forwarder icon/banner based on the games that were selected to make this forwarder

anyways, if u want to try doing this yourself, just follow what I wrote above

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Interesting idea but what percentage of users will this feature target? 0.01% ? It would just bring unneeded complexity.

Instead of this, a better genre support by the usb loaders is much more preferable I think. Say you are greeted with Covers that depict genres and once you are in you are presented with the usual layout that contains the game covers... Throw in the editing/adding of the genres, voila...

edit: Now I'm understanding the OP's actual intention... He possibly filled his channel space and instead of removing an unwanted channel he just wants to easily change it to another game... And I say I'm sorry. It would be possible though when usb loaders implement channel creation hence it all happens in the wii... and by that time possibly Crap will be a dead project.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiCrazy said:
edit: Now I'm understanding the OP's actual intention... He possibly filled his channel space and instead of removing an unwanted channel he just wants to easily change it to another game...

I don't think that's what the OP is asking... and that could be done by just removing the channel he doesn't want anymore and installing a new channel made by CRAP... but that channel would still only be able to boot ONE game

edit: btw, configurable USB loader already has a way to filter the game list by genre (and many other filters)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: