Valve says the Steam Deck is "on track" to ship by the end of February

steam deck.png

Valve's highly anticipated handheld gaming PC, the Steam Deck met with some production delays but appears to be on track to ship by the end of next month. In its latest update, the company says that they're "on track to ship Steam Deck on time". "Global pandemic, supply issues, and shipping issues notwithstanding, it looks like we'll be able to start getting these out the door by the end of February," further notes the blog post. They also shared a picture of the first units in-house to test and evaluate (see above).

In its update, Valve also notes that they've been rolling out the Steam Deck Verified program and shipping dev kits to have game developers to test their games and have a green Verified check to show compatibility with the console. They are checking 4 major categories (input, seamlessness, display, and system support) and Steam users will soon be able to see Deck Verified status for Steam games.

With Valve's latest hardware a couple of weeks away, it will be interesting to see how well it performs, especially since the handheld PC gaming market has been growing with competitors like the ONEXPLAYER mini and AYA NEO NEXT.

:arrow: SOURCE

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
They announced on ship day last year that they weren't going to ship on ship day, right? I put my $5 down late enough that I'm pretty much last in line, so I can expect to be able to buy mine around a year from now :(

I was so ready to hand my Vita off to my kids, that's not going to happen anytime soon :( :(

Reactions: newo

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very excited for this. Here's hoping that this is a very successful system so Proton-Linux can finally get the support it deserves from these big game developers.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm very excited for this. Here's hoping that this is a very successful system so Proton-Linux can finally get the support it deserves from these big game developers.

Haha no. You playing games on Linux is a cost sink, they're not ever going to recoup their investment in porting their games to Linux, they barely make enough money to pay for the hundreds of millions of dollars their C-Suites spend on hookers and blow.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yo @AncientBoi don't get mad at me, I thought the picture was funny, but it's against everything I believe. The storyline of Mr. Robot got worse over the years, that show should have been a one (season) and done. Season 1 was a powerful show about mental illness, everything else was interesting but not helpful. The whole show is worth watching, but after season 1 it turned into what you'd think it would be, unfortunately.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo @AncientBoi don't get mad at me, I thought the picture was funny, but it's against everything I believe. The storyline of Mr. Robot got worse over the years, that show should have been a one (season) and done. Season 1 was a powerful show about mental illness, everything else was interesting but not helpful. The whole show is worth watching, but after season 1 it turned into what you'd think it would be, unfortunately.

I was referring to the words Faggot. I am one. And then to the "White Power". I don't take to that very well.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm right there with you, dude, I apologize. I'm interested in women and not men, and my father is Black, and my mother is White, and I've been working on this for almost fifty years. I understand that America is against us. And I can't use the N-Word because that would just get my account deleted.

Reactions: AncientBoi

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And only like 5 competitors have come out in the time since the delay! Seriously, I don't get why people are so obsessed only with the Steam Deck when there are now like 10 different kinds of devices just like it. It's probably the best overall deal, but you'd think it was the first of it's kind the way people talk about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr