Valve announces second Portal 2 DLC

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portal-2-Atlas-and-P-body.jpg

So it was sort-of-rumoured, so shall it be. Valve’s officially announced the second dollop of Portal 2 DLC (via Joystiq), and it includes “an easy-to-use in-game map editor that will let users design, build and share their own single-player and co-op test chambers with the community.” It’s coming out early next year.
​Beyond that, the only tidbit Valve’s allowing to seep out – in much the same way one would utilize a deadly neurotoxin – is a vague mention of voting for your favorite levels. Community features, then, are probably a no-brainer – which is roughly the state one would find themselves in after being exposed to a deadly neurotoxin.
​
What about a GLaDOS-powered “spellcheck,” though? Valve’s said nothing, but fingers crossed, obviously. As a rule, Valve’s notoriously tight-lipped, but I’ve asked for more details just in case.

map_editor_02_19826.jpg

map_editor_01_19826.jpg

icon11.gif
PC GAMER - Valve Announces Second Portal 2 DLC

This looks great, an easy to use drag-and-drop map editor will allow players with great ideas but unable to use Hammer to create maps. Hopefully there'll also be an in-game sharing application as well.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I doubt I will be able to make anything great with this, but it will be fun to play around with I'm sure.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A level editor is already available in the form of Hammer included in the Portal 2 Authoring Tools Beta, though it is not really "easy to use".

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yay~
Level editor =/= Creative pieces of SCIENCE
Level editor == Chance to make something sexual :creep:
I cant wait to see what people make
I also cant wait to buy the game (I think I might need to get this one first... I dont know why)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person