Valve announces a new Half Life game, Half-Life: Alyx, for VR

FidiAsR (1).png

It's not April Fools. Valve has indeed announced a new Half-Life game, though it isn't the Half-Life 3 you've all been waiting for. Teased simply as Half-Life: Alyx, it'll be a virtual reality game, and a flagship title for SteamVR and the Valve Index. We'll know more when Valve reveals more information this Thursday.

:arrow: Source

renjiVII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping but unlikely that valve finally makes their valve index headsets available to the Canadian market after this announcements. The only headsets that's on my radar are the Valve index, Oculus Quest(with quest link coming) and the pimax 5K xr.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A new Half Life Game..........nice.

......or do we prefer a Half Life Remake,a really good One.:evil:
Black Mesa is as close as you'll get to a HL1 remake, and it's honestly pretty good. Xen levels are still missing (although they went into beta a few months ago, so nearly there!), but otherwise I'd strongly recommend it.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We already got official support for Black Mesa, they just have to, you know, finish it.
Black Mesa is as close as you'll get to a HL1 remake, and it's honestly pretty good. Xen levels are still missing (although they went into beta a few months ago, so nearly there!), but otherwise I'd strongly recommend it.

Included Opposing Force and BlueShift...? :)

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is not Half-Life 3 and it's VR shit. Not exciting at all :hateit:

But it's a prequel (Quarter-Life?) so it might be interesting anyway.
Wait wouldn't a prequel be more like Three Quarters-Life? If my basic knowledge in physics is anything to go by...

Last edited by Zense,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: