Valve & Adult Swim Team Up

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valve (on the whole) makes some damn impressive games. Adult Swim produces... interesting late night content on Cartoon Network. What could they ever have in common?

The answer: Just enough for a collaboration. Adult Swim has recently posted this promo:
ADULT SWIM & VALVE ARE TEAMING UP FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU'LL PROBABLY ENJOY. TO LEARN HOW THEIR VIDEO GAME PEANUT BUTTER WILL BE GETTING IN OUR NETWORK'S CHOCOLATE, COME BACK NEXT WEEK.
icon11.gif
Adult Swim
The post also encourages people to sign up for their newsletter ahead of time ("You've been warned.").

So, what does it all mean? Is this the long fabled announcement of Half-Life 3? Left 4 Dead 3? Portal 3? Team Fortress 3? Ricochet 2? Something Dota 2 related? A brand new IP?

My money is on them premiering the "Meet the Pyro" short, but this is Valve we're talking about. They just love surprising and trolling their fanbase.

Only time will tell.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they've published some pretty damned entertaining stuff by PikPok, so they seem to have a good eye for fun video-game ideas. Throw Valve into the mix, and yeah, I could see a combo on par with peanut butter and chocolate. :P

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'll be something involving TF2. I mean heck, why else would they have the Pyro on the signup screen?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My money is on them premiering the "Meet the Pyro" short, but this is Valve we're talking about. They just love surprising and trolling their fanbase.
My money is on them premiering all of the other "Meet the x" shorts we've already seen, but with Adult Swim "humor" leaking out of it.

Also, the game will clearly be a Robot Unicorn Attack game in which the dash creates portal riffs. :ha:
Robot Unicorn Attack Evolution on Facebook already has a portal power-up.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Announcement of TF2 action figures, followed by an entire episode of Robot Chicken starring said figures, with the Meet the Pyro premier during the commercial break afterward.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Gabe accidentally teamed up with Adult Swim because he thought it was a water-based fitness group, and he wanted to get some abs for those summer beach parties..

You're doing it wrong!

now I feel mean haha..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain