Hardware Value of N3DS XL at 9.0?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to pick up three N3DS XL's at Toys R Us the other day, the serial #'s confirm they are compatible with Gateway's (not yet released) exploit.

Seeing as how every N3DS that Nintendo pumps out is on 9.4+, are these worth anything? Should I hold onto them, or just return them and get my $ back?

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is a gamble..... IF Gateway ever creates and released a stable release for the N3DS then you could charge a premium for it but probably no more that $75

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
would really only be worth more once
A) 9.0-9.2 consoles begin to be hard to find
B) gateway release their update

....now you have to factor in how long you will be holding onto them waiting for those criteria to be met and if the price will of declined by the time gateway ever release, unless ofc at that point new 3ds consoles are considered antiques ;)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about this....BEFORE I go out and buy a n3ds XL BLACK US version

When I first signed up here, 4.5 was the master race....... then came the downgrade pack. The value of those systems dropped. Nearly all 3ds systems could be downgraded to 4.x.

Since Gateway is blocked on 9.3 or higher, do you think there might never be a downgrade pack for the n3ds? That these early systems will indeed be very very very valuable?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have a question about this....BEFORE I go out and buy a n3ds XL BLACK US version

When I first signed up here, 4.5 was the master race....... then came the downgrade pack. The value of those systems dropped. Nearly all 3ds systems could be downgraded to 4.x.

Since Gateway is blocked on 9.3 or higher, do you think there might never be a downgrade pack for the n3ds? That these early systems will indeed be very very very valuable?

unlikely, 4.5 did't have a wireless switch, etc.

2ds can't be downgraded either.
Make someone make a proper custom firmware from scratch, you know... one that actually installs to system nand. then maybe.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unlikely, 4.5 did't have a wireless switch, etc.

2ds can't be downgraded either.
Make someone make a proper custom firmware from scratch, you know... one that actually installs to system nand. then maybe.

I dont mean a downgrade pack to 4.5, would there ever be a way to downgrade it to 9.0 from 9.3 or higher? Im guessing no.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think im gonna pick up one of those n3ds XLs before they go extinct.:lol:

I don't think the value of a 4.5 3DS was much more valuable than buying a new one off the shelf. If it was sold with a GW card for $300 then the seller wasn't making much of a profit. I imagine the same will be said for N3DS on 9.0. Collectors Editions will sell better than a regular 9.0 console in the future. For the run of the mill consumer, unless they really really want a 9.x console I can't see them paying more than $250 for one. They will also factor in the cost of a GW card vs how many games they could have bought for the amount of dough they are dropping on an exploitable system/cart vs. buying legit, or an upgraded LE console.

That's just all my opinion though and my thought process when looking at items. I also factor in shipping which most of the time sucks to pay because that's how sellers make most of their money on eBay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more