Hardware Value Deluxe legit?

SS01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm a noob here. I just bought an R4i 3DS from ValueDeluxe.com, and while everything seems to have gone OK, I just want to know others' experiences with this place. I got sent there from Deveno.com because their payment system was down apparently..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of it either, but... it seems to be a US-based shop (and by that I don't just mean a .com domain, I mean it seems to be staffed by native or very fluent English speakers). It marks flash carts as "adapters" (a neat way of putting it) and has a wide variety, though I find it odd it doesn't seem to charge a chunk more, like lots of US-based shops do, so this shop might just be a US-front and order/ship the materials from China on-demand.

However it doesn't looke like they update their carts very far before shipping them out, from the descriptions it looks like they're just relying on what the factories have them updated to.

SS01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The (empty) shoptemp states China. Hmm... What's the chance of this being a scam? :s I was paranoid and bought myself an $15 Amex gift card to make the purchase (Google Checkout) with so not too worried about that, just wondering if my card's gonna show up, lol. :(

Offtopic: can I update a R4i 3DS w/ R4i Gold 3DS firmware?

SS01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google Wallet sent me an email yesterday, it's been shipped apparently. Rydian was correct, the store is located in America, but they order the carts on-demand from China. Not too sure how long shipping from Hong Kong usually takes, (I'm in Canada) but I'll report back when it gets here.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will be waiting for your report.
The situation with stores that sell flashcarts appears very unstable at the moment.

All of my regular sources have apparently gone offline.
I placed a couple of orders from PocketDS and while I got everthing I ordered, their site was up and then down many times. It appears they have gone offline for good.

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Wallet sent me an email yesterday, it's been shipped apparently. Rydian was correct, the store is located in America, but they order the carts on-demand from China. Not too sure how long shipping from Hong Kong usually takes, (I'm in Canada) but I'll report back when it gets here.

As to your question of shipping. Sometimes I've waited 7 weeks for stuff to come in. Other times I've had it in hand in less that 4 all seems to depend on the time of year and how slow the boats are. I'm in the US though, so Canada may be a bit longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent