Valkyria Chronicles 1 Nintendo Switch port heads westward

IMG_0853.JPG

If you were hoping to play the first Valkyria Chronicles game before the fourth entry launches later this year, worry not, as SEGA will be bringing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered to Switch consoles in the west. You'll be able to grab it digitally off the eShop on October 16th in North America and Europe for $19.99. If you pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 4 off the eShop already, then you get a 25% discount on the original game. As a note, while this is called Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered, just like the other console versions, SEGA has stated that this port isn't exactly the same as the others, though provided no further details on that matter.

Shrike

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love this game! Get it if you liked the free Vc4 demo :) I played it when it came out on PS3 and no body knew about it... This game and franchise needs much more attention! <3

D

Deleted User

I've had this on Steam for probably a few years now, but never got around to playing it. If it's only $20 on the Switch (around £16 like Okami HD I assume?), I might just buy it on that. I've only heard good things.

:arrow: Source
I stopped playing it because in an earlier level, chapter 7 if I recall correctly, has a huge difficulty spike and I gave up.

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Ain't this a PS3 game? correct me here though. I'm beginning to think Nintendo Switch third party games (most of anyway), are either came from the Vita, or last generation (X360/PS3). Though I wouldn't mind (re)playing some older games on the go but I think there are more last gen ports than new games.

Shrike

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ain't this a PS3 game? correct me here though. I'm beginning to think Nintendo Switch third party games (most of anyway), are either came from the Vita, or last generation (X360/PS3). Though I wouldn't mind (re)playing some older games on the go but I think there are more last gen ports than new games.

Yeah, it came out for PS3 first... then it was ported for PC (you can buy it on Steam, too)

It's SEGA licensed...

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I always say.
If you were hoping to play the first Valkyria Chronicles game before the fourth entry launches later this year, you would have already done that by now because the game was released 10 years ago and already saw 2 re-releases. no need for a 3rd one in a row.

Personally, I was hoping to play it before 4, but wasn't concerned enough to get another console/emulate it-- but if it's gonna be on the switch where I can casually play it in between classes, then sure. I'll give it a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s