Valiant Hearts announced (Ubisoft, PC/360/PS3/XB1/PS4)

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,323
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Ubisoft Montpellier's Valiant Hearts: The Great War is a 2D puzzle adventure game that set during World War I, but it's not a war game, according to audio director Yoan Fanise. "It's a game about war," he told Polygon. "About humans during war."

The game uses a comic book art style, all hand-drawn by art director Paul Tumelaire, to tell the story of five characters of different nationalities during WWI who are all somehow connected. There's the French prisoner of war who peels potatoes in a German camp. There's the American volunteer. There's the Belgian nurse. There's the English pilot. And there's the German soldier, who is in love with the Frenchman's daughter.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/10/47...at-war-tells-the-story-of-human-beings-during

VH_SC_1_Emile_Neuve_Chapelle.jpg

VH_SC_2_Emile_Neuve_Chapelle_2.jpg

VH_SC_3_Emile_Reims.jpg

VH_SC_4_Emile_Trenches.jpg

VH_SC_6_Freddie_Marne_2.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm calling it now - that dog's not making it to the end of the game, and its death will be there solely to tug on the heartstrings of players.

I'm going to cry anyway.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Out of all the games they've revealed today, this looks the best. Nice to see a game that actually tries to tackle war itself instead of just shooty shooty bang bang.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn