Hacking (v9.0 New 3DS) How Do I Install MSET Exploit for RxTools?

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already asked this in the RxTools thread, but my question was apparently lost in the thread and I'd rather just place one topic that would (hopefully) get answered and then disappear in the depths of the board when it was no longer needed instead of repeatedly harass people in the RxTools thread until I get an answer. So, for that reason, I apologize for making an entirely new thread.

Anyways, I was trying to set up RxTools the other day, and had this tutorial open to set it up as well: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-translation-how-to-donwgrade-mset-on-n3ds-without-gateway.396625/ . However, I noticed that the tutorial was written as though you were starting with a 3DS that had never been messed with before, and that most of the steps were things that I had already done when I was setting up old versions of Pasta prior to switching to RxTools.

I'd really like to set up the MSET exploit for convenience's sake, but I already have a number of things on my SD card already set up. Since I already have access via Ninjhax to launch RxTools, what exactly do I need to do to set up MSET? Is it just launch FBI and run the option on it, or is there more to it? Also, if I plan on unlinking my SysNAND and EmuNAND, should I do this first or should I unlink the two and do this to SysNAND?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already asked this in the RxTools thread, but my question was apparently lost in the thread and I'd rather just place one topic that would (hopefully) get answered and then disappear in the depths of the board when it was no longer needed instead of repeatedly harass people in the RxTools thread until I get an answer. So, for that reason, I apologize for making an entirely new thread.

Anyways, I was trying to set up RxTools the other day, and had this tutorial open to set it up as well: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-translation-how-to-donwgrade-mset-on-n3ds-without-gateway.396625/ . However, I noticed that the tutorial was written as though you were starting with a 3DS that had never been messed with before, and that most of the steps were things that I had already done when I was setting up old versions of Pasta prior to switching to RxTools.

I'd really like to set up the MSET exploit for convenience's sake, but I already have a number of things on my SD card already set up. Since I already have access via Ninjhax to launch RxTools, what exactly do I need to do to set up MSET? Is it just launch FBI and run the option on it, or is there more to it? Also, if I plan on unlinking my SysNAND and EmuNAND, should I do this first or should I unlink the two and do this to SysNAND?

It's best to install your title manager to Sysnand > Create Emunand > Unlink them before you downgrade the Mset.

To downgrade the Mset
Risky Method (not noob friendly): Ninjhax > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Uninstall the Mset from Nand > Install the 'new' Mset *This is the dangerous method. If you screw up you'll brick the system*
Safe method: Ninjhax > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Install Devmenu.cia (You'll have to google) > Pasta > Install Mset with Devmenu.

To install the ROP for rxTools you can use FBI: Ninjhax > FBI > Select (Pretty sure it's select) > Choose your ROP (In this case rxTools) > install > Done.
You need the latest version of FBI for this: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing nvram is the equivalent to using the Gateway blue card to install the exploit. Unless you're actually using a Gateway, you have no reason to do this, and even then, you can use the blue card.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Installing nvram is the equivalent to using the Gateway blue card to install the exploit. Unless you're actually using a Gateway, you have no reason to do this, and even then, you can use the blue card.

I thought it was just a rop selector since it came out prior to the blue card .nds rop for n3ds

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Winrar!
So there's no point in doing it for cfw, but there's also no harm. :P
Either way, good to finally know! *Could have just googled before and got the below thread, but you know.. Lazy I guess*

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-update-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387679/

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: usernametaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat