Hacking v2.0.2 update with M3i Zero GMP-Z003 doesn't work for 3ds

eccentric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A long time ago, i was a member here but I cant find my account. I've lurked on these forums for a long time and so this account will look like a new member. If anyone is against helping new members such as myself, im sorry, but I've tried everything to get my M3i Zero GMP Z003 working and it just doesn't work.

I've got a 3ds and dslite and I used M3GUpdaterPlus_142.nds with F_CORE v2.0.2 on my m3i but it doesn't work on my 3ds.

I turn the 3DS on and am greeted with the Finding Nemo icon when I have the M3i Zero in, but I get an error message "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." when I try to open it.

I'm 100% sure I used the right firmware because I used the F_CORE from filetrip and hash checked it with the downloaded one from the M3 Team's website. Same with the M3GUpdaterPlus_142.nds.

I went from the first officially supported F_CORE file for DSi version 1.4.0 (I can't remember what it is) straight to F_CORE v2.0.2. I just got the 3DS yesterday and updated it stupidly because I wanted PokeDex 3D even though it would be a whole week until I get my Supercard DSTWO. Would upgrading it from that older F_CORE file to the newest one be reason for the problem?

Afterwards, I thought maybe I would have to do it in stages so I tried to downgrade the F_CORE to the oldest one and work my way up on the DSLite but the Finding Nemo icon didn't change back to Skywalker. In the M3i forums, one user stated that v2.0.2 for the M3i shows a Chessmaster icon and that's gotten me even more confused.

Please help me out because I'm being loaned the DSLite from my friend.

Thank you.

eccentric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
you should be getting a chessmaster icon if you updated properly.

the version numbering is a bit of a mess.
the one on the m3adapter site is outdated(even though they link to it as if it's 2.0.2)
did you try http://www.handheldsources.net/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html yet?

Thats the one i checked it with.
frown.gif

"M3i Zero Core data file V1.8.2

1.Support M3i Zero Model:GMP-Z003 & old Models;

2.Support 3DS Japanese firmware Ver. 2.0.0-2J;

Support 3DS USA firmware Ver. 2.0.0-2U;

Support 3DS European firmware Ver. 2.0.0-2E;
Support iDSi Chinese firmware V1.4.3C;

Support NDSi/NDSi LL Japanese firmware V1.4.2J;

Support NDSi/NDSi XL American firmware V1.4.2U;

Support NDSi/NDSi XL European firmware V1.4.2E."

It says V.1.8.2.
frown.gif

Is there any alternative link where the F_CORE is the correct one? >_> I'm going to assume the one on filetrip is also broken.

BOXXDR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After you run the M3GUpdaterPlus_142.nds you will have the finding Nemo Loader, then flash the new f_core after that and you will have the chessmaster icon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)