(v)Wii homebrew channel open sourced

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by yahoo, Nov 23, 2016.

1. DacoTaco

DacoTaco Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Antarctica
    and guess what happened. somebody fudging finally did and i updated the source code. go build and try it out, it should work. (if not, bother me somewhere outside of this forum cause its not like i'll come back here xD)
    github link

Last edited by DacoTaco, Oct 8, 2017
    niuus, Brawl345 and Razor83 like this.
  2. Razor83

Razor83 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2009
    Thanks @DacoTaco, so would this be v0.8.2? Also is there anywhere I can download a precompiled build?

Alternatively @FIX94 might it be possible to get an additional build of the HBC v1.1.3 with the old LULZ title ID? Just so that it can be used with the old versions of Priiloader, and so that it will directly replace the old HBC v1.1.2.

According to Marcan:-

3. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Trying to boot this from vWii mode consistently dumps code all over my GamePad.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjN-xkN4EKAvhRErrWcaLUJmOoF-

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    and the normal version works? if so, I guess you have to pack up your entire "apps" folder and send it over to me because I have that wad installed on my wii, vwii and wii vc and it doesnt crash on any of them. also do you maybe use a theme or something? if so I probably need access to that too.

5. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Just pushed up a new version to my fork.
    https://github.com/FIX94/hbc/releases/
    -added code based on TinyLoad to stub that allows wii vc to return to HBC when wii vc channel booter was used to initially get into HBC
    -pushed OHBC version to 1.1.4
    Also, I recompiled everything using clean libraries so maybe whatever issue you had @N7Kopper is gone with this, anyways I did not have any issues with this file yet myself just like with the last one I uploaded.

markehmus, zeldaism, DarthDub and 3 others like this.
  6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Nope. Still there. I even tried without the theme, so it has to be a problem with my apps. I considered listing them, but uploading them might work better, in case I have any weirdo stuff. (Other than the things that need updating, ignore those, I'm busy)

...Hope I nixed the copyrighted stuff and sorry for the size, but I wanted to be sure. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjN-xkN4EKAvhhlryf6lj5kDg5Q8

7. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    so by just cutting the apps in half on each try until I found the crashing one, turns out the meta.xml file of "SNES9XGX MOD" crashes it, at the very end of it is a null-character (0x00 byte) which for some reason causes it to crash inside one of the libraries on load, I do not know as to why this would happen, it must've been some library or devkit update, if you remove that null-character at the very end and save it, it works just fine again.

8. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Tried to build one, but no luck (GitVersion.exe: Bad file number error). Hope @DacoTaco or someone else gets lucky and shares a new build.

9. TeleTubby666

TeleTubby666 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Second that request. Or maybe somebody else to build a version with the old title ID?

10. DacoTaco

DacoTaco Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Antarctica
    you dont have git installed im guessing?
    the source comes with gitversion which helps retrieve the source version, without git it might not work (never tried it without installing git. i just included the exe and dll but i dont think that works apparently)
    that, or reinstalling git also seems to fix the issue in git sometimes

EDIT : that is ofc, considering you downloaded source using git, and not the zip archive trough github

Last edited by DacoTaco, Oct 23, 2017
  11. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Correct, i'm not using git, only the zipped source from github and good 'ole devkitpro for compiling.

12. DacoTaco

DacoTaco Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Antarctica
    ye, im guessing thats why. i dont have a machine without git/github installed but i suggest installing the github tool. easy to use and installs git. should make it work

13. DacoTaco

DacoTaco Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Antarctica
    or, you know, i end up releasing 0.8.2 for some odd reason...

[ye, i'd link to wiibrew or my site but gbafail, you block all my links. dafuq is wrong with you)

JoostinOnline, niuus and Razor83 like this.
  14. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Nice! Thanks, @DacoTaco

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader

JoostinOnline likes this.
  15. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I just dusted off my old laptop (it was literally covered in dust) with all the SysCheck HDE code, released and unreleased. Can someone run this to see if it detects the Open HBC? I don't have my Wii or Wii U set up since I moved.
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=82527127932692510476

LMFAO, thanks for the credit! :rofl2:

16. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Hey @JoostinOnline! Here's my results on the Wii.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Using this OHBC version. So far, so good. Will it be compatible with Wii U Pro Controller too in the future?

Last edited by niuus, Nov 4, 2017
    JoostinOnline likes this.
  17. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Thanks, really appreciate it. :)

Adding support for the Pro controller would be pretty easy. FIX94 wrote a great library for it (although I apparently made a bunch of small changes to it). It's literally been years since I've coded, and I'm self-taught, so while juggling work and school I'll have a hard time working everything in.

niuus likes this.
  18. monta990

monta990 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    Mexico
    The new title ID is OHBC

upload_2018-7-11_1-44-13.

19. r4dius

r4dius Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2017
    France
    Hi guys, sorry to revive this but i wanted to install the ohbc on my vwii and it won't install for some reason, I'm using multi mod manager and I get a did not complete message when trying to install the wad, can anyone help ?
    Is this because I already have the original homebrew or something ?

20. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    r4dius likes this.