utorrent help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by leetcakes, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008

utorrent help by leetcakes at 3:17 AM (995 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. leetcakes
    OP

Member leetcakes GBAtemp Regular

Belize
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

opened the port, like portforward.com said
    but utorrent still says its not open, and no green sign

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    What is the IP of the PC you are using? You can find out by pasting. %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe into the Start>Run box then type ipconfig.
    You might have to change the IP address on the router to the same as the one on the PC you are using.

[​IMG]

So for my PC as in the picture. I would have to change the router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.141 on port 6112/6112 UDP/TCP.
    Also your software Firewall could be blocking connections for Uttorrent?

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Also, use a port bigger than 10000, as some os block ports below 10000

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Is it downloading??

then its down to your router for a guess .. the port you say you opened thats not a port thats an IP ADDRESS! the 192.168.1.1 tells me your prolly using a router [​IMG]

you need to open PORT 6112 or whatever port you are using in the router settings or forward to that port [​IMG]

you may also need to enable DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) allows one IP Address (computer) to be exposed to the Internet to get it to go green with torrents for this to happen you need to set a static ip in your router settings [​IMG]

rule of the thumb though is ... if its YELLOW then it means its connected but maby a problem with your NAT connection which is a common thing with using routers and usually needs a lot of fiddling with the settings [​IMG]

personally if its not a requirement of where you aquired the torrent from to have a full nat connection (some forums require this) then dont worry about it so long as your torrents downloading and uploading [​IMG]

5. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    He has opened port 6112 of you look to the left of the IP on the his picture you will see 6112/6112 which is 6112(UDP)/6112(TCP).
    As for setting up a DMZ i would not recommend it as you will lose the protection of the routers hardware firewall.

6. Commander

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Are you using the static port or do you have it on "Randomize port each time uTorrent is launched"?

If thats the case you need to choose a port above 15000 is what I would recommend. And untick the box that turns on randomized ports.