Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 245,631
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would love to see one day a mod to allow running .plg plugins at the 3ds boot, no need to start ntr or something else, maybe with a future luma update.
Dreaming...

Reactions: ThoD

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see one day a mod to allow running .plg plugins at the 3ds boot, no need to start ntr or something else, maybe with a future luma update.
Dreaming...
there is a luma 9.0 by nanquitas that runs .plg plugin for games, close enough? lol

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Dreaming...

There is a custom Luma9 build which has some nice HzMod stuff (which is especially useful on old3DS), and there's some unreleased HzMod stuff which I'm not going to spoil.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
new3DS-only update:
  • tweaked new3DS constants
  • reduced memory usage (not that it matters... so far only a single non-extended old3DS-compatible application crashed due to too much memory usage)
Appearently only tweaking some constants made Home Menu not lag on new3DS while keeping a stable-ish 25-30FPS. This also fixed new2DS (before this update it ran like on an old3DS), and the reported max FPS for new2DS is 50FPS (at average use it's around 35-42) due to HzMod having a dedicated CPU core on new2DS due to lack of 3D.

Download: https://puu.sh/zjHwo/cc436e5a7a.cia
Note: this is only a sysmodule update, you must already have a working setup before applying this update.
Note: don't install this update if you have an old3DS, you'll get 1-2FPS drop. I'm still working on more hacky optimizations (including failed ones) behind the scenes.

WarioWaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it consistently crashes when I try to play ultra moon, the game hangs for a bit on a black screen then the led changes colors then final shuts off and the hzScreen on the pc hangs the entire time this happens.

EDIT: I solved it, with pokemon Y i figured out that pokemon games have their own enable/disable internet. However ultra moon still wouldn't work cuz it needs hzem to work without crashing immediately. It was fun to mess around with but this thing is totally incompatible with luma, everytime I press LS+DWN+SLCT the console hard freezes and I have to remove the battery. When I try hzem with luma menu I can access the menu but input redirect causes the crash.

Last edited by WarioWaffles,

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load HorizonScreen's Server on my PC and I get the attached error (Running Windows 10 Build 1151)

Attachments

• HzError.txt
    638 bytes · Views: 259

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
it consistently crashes when I try to play ultra moon, the game hangs for a bit on a black screen then the led changes colors then final shuts off and the hzScreen on the pc hangs the entire time this happens.

EDIT: I solved it, with pokemon Y i figured out that pokemon games have their own enable/disable internet. However ultra moon still wouldn't work cuz it needs hzem to work without crashing immediately. It was fun to mess around with but this thing is totally incompatible with luma, everytime I press LS+DWN+SLCT the console hard freezes and I have to remove the battery. When I try hzem with luma menu I can access the menu but input redirect causes the crash.

Luma softlocks a few processes on purpose when you open Rosalina, but HzMod does some hacky shit which seems to bypass Luma's softlocking ability, and that's why the system-wide softlock happens. Just press START+SELECT to unfreeze the system if you accidently open Rosalina while HzMod's streaming is active.

Also, I know one of the Pokémon Ultra series games don't work at all. I never seem to be able to remember which one though...

Also, it would be good to know what LED colors are showing and in what way. I had to reuse colors with different fade intervals.

Edit: also, please send HzLog.log from your SDCard before you reopen HzMod again. Opening HzMod again will overwrite the log file, which would be bad in this case.

I'm trying to load HorizonScreen's Server on my PC and I get the attached error (Running Windows 10 Build 1151)

Sadly I have no idea why this was caused because all I can see is a nullfunction being called :/ It would be good if you could tell me what you did or what happened for this to crash.

When does it crash? What GPU? Using multiple monitors? USB Joystick? Scripting? Pressing the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys if not connected? Perhaps using an incompatible combo of HzMod/HzScreen? (yes, latest HzMod requires an updated HzScreen)

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: FateForWindows

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Damn I wanna record videos but Its hard find New 3DS (I hate New 2DS)

Capture cards is very expensive

you're better off recording videos with HzMod via wifi and a PC as eMMC SDIO is slower than streaming over wifi due to ARM9 being clocked slower than ARM11

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I dont understand you

you said about New 3DS?

on new3DS it's even worse, because on new3DS the ARM9 core never gets overclocked, so recording video to SDCard should have the same FPS as old3DS (though in reality new3DS runs slower due to extra cache hardware)

only ARM9 can access the NAND and the SDCard, whereas ARM9 and ARM11 have access to wifi, so since on new3DS the CPU can be overclocked, you can stream via wifi 3x fast as old3DS (which is again not true due to the extra cache hardware, so the actual performance will be slower (except on new2DS where there is a dedicated empty core where qtm would run, so new2DS is the most ideal for streaming for FPS values up to 51 as indicated by the tests))

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I have no idea why this was caused because all I can see is a nullfunction being called :/ It would be good if you could tell me what you did or what happened for this to crash.

When does it crash? What GPU? Using multiple monitors? USB Joystick? Scripting? Pressing the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys if not connected? Perhaps using an incompatible combo of HzMod/HzScreen? (yes, latest HzMod requires an updated HzScreen)

It Crashes for when I load the software. I use an AMD GPU on my Laptop (AMD Radeon R5 Graphics). Nope (Just have the one). No Joystick. I don't have Scripts. Can't connect in general due to the Crash and I'm using the latest AiO Package :(

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It Crashes for when I load the software. I use an AMD GPU on my Laptop (AMD Radeon R5 Graphics). Nope (Just have the one). No Joystick. I don't have Scripts. Can't connect in general due to the Crash and I'm using the latest AiO Package :(

I have absolutely no idea why it would crash :/ Low on free RAM? Out of VRAM? What CPU?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?