uTikDownloadHelper vs WiiU USB Helper

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by heretic667, Mar 31, 2017.

1. heretic667
    OP

heretic667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2017
    United States
    Forgive my ignorance... do both of these tool download games from the same place? I notice when a particular game is slow to download from 1 tool it's also slow to download from the other tool too. Just curious. It's entirely possible I told the tools where to download the games from by following a guide and didn't realize thats what it was. Is there a way to tell where it all comes from easily? WiiU USB Helper certainly looks nicer than uTik, but it gets the job done all the same.

Last edited by heretic667, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Wii U USB Helper is more user friendly and has a nice gui [It doesn't limit your download speed, has more useful options]
    uTikDownloadHelper is just another NUS downloader which looks differently and it's the same but doesn't have most useful options.

That's all i guess.

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I second that plus when I used utikdownloadhelper certain games would not work I then switched to USB download helper and have used it to download about 270 games and everyone of them has worked perfectly

OrGoN3 likes this.
  4. gutoblauth

gutoblauth Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2009
    Brazil
    Looks like utik has games that you can't find on eShop or some disk dumps or even on USB Helper. I think uTik have something like injected games and GameCube games for vWii.
    I saw something like that one day in some place that I don't remember, but yet I'm not interested on those games, so I use USB Helper since it looks easier, faster and simple

Via Tapatalk

5. panamex

panamex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Mexico
    uTikDownloadHelper has a better and simplistic well featured design, so anybody can use it without any problems......I have been using it flawlessly and I recommend it 100%!

6. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Utik may just be parsing the titlekeys.json file blindly just like my app FunKii-UI does. What that means is that it will display disc only releases within the gui's game selections but you won't actually be able to download them since they aren't really on NUS. I'm personally just too lazy to fix this issue in my app and that could be the case with UTIK as well but Im not sure.

Also these title downloaders are all downloading from the same source, Nintendo's servers.

Last edited by dojafoja, Apr 2, 2017