Ustealth says my drive is unallocated after unhiding.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sithel, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Sithel
    OP

Sithel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Tried searching and couldn't find what i was looking for or searched wrong. But after using Ustealth to hide which worked fine. I am now trying to unhide which was fine, but it's not showing under My Computer and under disk management it says the drive is unallocated as if it was a new drive and my stuff is gone. Any ideas what I might have done wrong here?
    I'm on Windows 7 and used both Ustealth R8 and R7

2. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    A couple thoughts:

Did you unplug and plug the drive back in after unhiding it?

What file system did you use?

3. Sithel
    OP

Sithel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Yes I unplugged the drive and plugged it back in. My PC sees the drive, it's just showing it like its a newly formatted unallocated drive now. It was FAT32 with just a WBFS, GAMES, SAVES and IMAGES folders with about 1.5TB of files on a 2TB drive. Other things I just tried was EaseUS Partition master and looked through the recovery feature and looks like I could recover the partition, but was just a bit confused as to why or how it got wiped in the first place being I just click hide and unhide through Ustealth, then when i plugged the drive back in it said I had to initialize the drive and I said yes. So maybe that's where I went wrong?

4. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    That would be my guess... if you rehide it and plug it back into your Wii U, are all your games gone?

5. Sithel
    OP

Sithel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    That is correct, everything is gone when I plug it back into the Wii U

6. Sithel
    OP

Sithel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Thank goodness for EaseUS partition recovery, I was able to recover everything.

7. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    That is probably where it went wrong: you let the WiiU to format the drive to its proprietary format.
    Consider yourself being lucky. Next time, do more research before jumping into tests.

8. Sithel
    OP

Sithel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    I should have done more research before clicking initialize, I agree so lesson learned there. Just to clarify though, the whole initialize thing was done on my PC and not the Wii U. From everything I've gathered all I need to do is click unhide and unplug the drive and plug it back in. So I'll do it that way next time I try it and cross my fingers :)