USPS?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by PikaPika, Apr 11, 2007.

Apr 11, 2007

USPS? by PikaPika at 2:48 AM (902 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. PikaPika
    OP

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Anyone know how often usps tracking updates? Real hot Stuff says they sent my R4 on the 9th, but the usps site says they only notified them of the package on the 8th. Any insight into this?

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    They usually update everything after you have received your package.

When I order from Amazon.com, it says it's in Washington for the whole time, then I magically receive the package while it still says its in Washington, and then the next day all the happy little stops pop up.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The USPS only offers tracking for express mail. A lot of shops give you a delivery confirmation number and call it a tracking number, but it's not a tracking number. Delivery confirmation is just that - it lets the shipper know that the package was delivered.

As jumpman said, you'll have the package before the USPS info gets updated.

4. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    USPS has the worst tracking among all the posting services. I've sent a package from New Jersey to New York, it took like 3-4 bus. days AND the tracking didn't work the whole time and we actually thought it was lost but luckily it arrived safetly.

btw realhotstuff is located in New Jersey so it might take a while depending on where you live.

5. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Thats how USPS works. 2-4 business days. And tracking only tells you when item has been shipped and recieved. Nothing in betwen like Fedex and UPS does.

6. Icarus

United States
    But the distance was like an hour drive away, I was expecting a faster delivery, maybe my expectations are too high I don't know. But UPS definetly has a better tracking system, you can see each location the package arrives so you'll know where it is.

7. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    LOL I really love UPS because it tells me where my package is at all times but this is my first time to using USPS tracking system in when I was tracking my package today it said the same thing all day...But I know I will receive it probably Friday or Saturday

8. Destructobot

United States
    UPS blows.

The last 3 times in a row that I've had stuff shipped to me via UPS, they've delivered it to a neighbor's house. The first 2 times the neighbor just brought the package over, but by the third time, they were getting pissed off about it. They called UPS and complained, so the UPS guy came back, got the boxes, and crossed out MY CORRECT ADDRESS so that it looked like it wasn't his fault before bringing them to my house.

Out of all the times in my entire life that I've used UPS, they've screwed up about half of the deliveries.

9. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    I shipped it 2 day priority mail, you'll have it by tomorrow or Thursday.

10. Icarus

United States
    the problem is with your local ups delivery guy not the whole company. tell them to hire a better one.. I had no problems with ours. he was a cool and friendly guy too.

11. GBA_Temper

United States
    I received a fake CHECK...A guy was scamming me... [​IMG]

UPS# 1Z W7X 236 03 6263 312 3
    Click on View Package progress
    look at the date the billing info was received..

12. Destructobot

United States
    This has been going on for at least 15 years, and it hasn't always been the same guy. I could call them or email them and spend my time trying to make UPS a better company, but I think the better solution is to not give them my business, because they certainly haven't earned it.

13. GBA_Temper

United States
    I trust USPS...Humm I trust UPS...I am not rich but im pore but I mostly have stuff shipped when I do have little money. other then that Im still poor but I manage to make it day by day..

14. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    Well USPS tracking is good when you're at work and the package arrives at home, then you see it is there. Also a long time ago it used to give me updates. Usually if I order stuff from China I can see when it comes through the airport which is fine, leaves you hanging a bit though but things work out.