Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
5KxxiOc.png
Okay, this is beyond silly. We have *four* USN threads about *one* Nintendo Direct. I get it that everyone's excited about the announced games - hell, that Yoshi's Island sequel and the new Zelda look pretty sweet, but c'mon, why wasn't this posted in one thread? *sighs*

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think the worst part is 3 of those threads are from the same person. Perhaps if they were posted by different people, then yeah I'd understand, but the same person posting 3 different threads? Absolutely retarded.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know- I have merged threads on plenty of occasions and though I would not split a single thread apart here I am not inclined to merge them either; though it is a case of Nintendo giving their old toys a lick of paint and giving them to the poor neighbourhood urchins the games are different enough with a different enough fanbase* to warrant their own threads.

*quiet in the back.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I prefer separate threads for separate games, because they'll make separate topics of discussion.
The subject at hand was Nintendo Direct though, so the games should have their threads in the Games section, if anywhere. All of the games were announced on the same event so a joined thread only makes sense.

Remember PS4's presentation back in February? It's the equivalent of making a separate thread for every game announced there and one extra thread for the console itself. Did that happen? No, because it's silly. :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The subject at hand was Nintendo Direct though, so the games should have their threads in the News section. All of the games were announced on the same event and the exact same date.

Remember PS4's presentation back in February? It's the equivalent of making a separate thread for every game announced there and one extra thread for the console itself. Did that happen? No, because it's silly. :P
I don't think so. People want to discuss the different games and this will create multiple topics of discussion for each one. If it's all in one thread, that shit gets really messy.

Look at the discussions in the Yoshi's Island and Zelda LTTP2 threads already. If they were in one thread it'd be harder for people to keep track of what's going on in the conversation.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think so. People want to discuss the different games and this will create multiple topics of discussion for each one. If it's all in one thread, that shit gets really messy.

Look at the discussions in the Yoshi's Island and Zelda LTTP2 threads already. If they were in one thread it'd be harder for people to keep track of what's going on in the conversation.
I edited my post before you replied because I'm sleepy and writing derpy stuff. :P The whole "News" part today was the presentation - the specific games can have their threads in the 3DS/WiiU Games and Content section wheras the "News" post should be about the presentation proper... but hey - different tastes, different approaches. From what I'm seeing though, no news website did separate posts for all the games, just one joined article.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"no news website did separate posts for all the games"
No other news site made the effort you mean.
The way I see it, it's just clutter control, but okay guys. I just wanted to say that I'm displeased with this turn of events as I don't quite understand the approach. To me, as I said a few times, the "News Proper" was the presentation and as such, a presentation thread could have a nice summary of all the presented content - instead we have a, in my opinion, clusterf*ck of threads. None of the threads actually say what was presented, they focus on separate games and content and there's no clear image of the presentation itself.

EDIT: Well, techically we do have a dedicated thread, it's just not in the News section, but whatever. :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry that was supposed to be tongue in cheek, smilies might have been good for something on the internet after all.... who knew?

Ignoring the budding flamewars or similar such things in them they seem to be sustaining a conversation of their own which, despite there being no real qualifier for USN in that regard, would seem to indicate it not necessarily being a bad idea. Equally following the E3 type announcement threads and the melange they usually become (this is probably more than most single e3 company conferences pull off) I would hold more to it.

As for the threads in the USN and threads in the relevant sections we do try to maintain just the single one in the forum and will lock/merge, redirect, maybe move across sections as time flows on and otherwise shuffle things to hopefully see the fewest places of discussion per game when it comes to franchises as notable as these. Normally we do try to keep things together as Nintendo directs are such nonevents usually but again Zelda, mother, mario party and yoshi's island...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was merely expressing my point of view, the staff will do as it pleases. ;) It is the EoF after all, I'm not dead-serious here, just annoyed with what I consider mess. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then - to me, Games and Content belong in the Games and Content section for their consoles and actual news, meaning the presentation which was about all those games should be in the USN. Now, if they were separate announcements, sure - they weren't though, it was one collective announcement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all