USM-eM - A Melee inspired mod for Smash 4

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by gryz, Sep 1, 2016.

?
  1. I would like demo builds similar to Project M.

42 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. I would like individual files, please.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. I really don't care as long as I get the files!

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    You may wanna see what went into creating this.

If 3DS got three exclusive imports, the extensive UI changes unlike almost any other mod, and changes to gameplay like no untechable spin animation, dash dancing, lowered input buffer, no rage, ledge canceling, you can only imagine what 1.0 will bring. It's only a matter on months, the work to bring every change to both platforms is unlike every other mod.

That's not even including stuff in the game members on our team have created but released publically elsewhere.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You posted at a time where we were slightly revamping the site, is the issue still there?

TheVinAnator likes this.
  2. LolcatPlays

LolcatPlays GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I had fun with all the base games, brawl was my favourite and in all the 9 years I've played it I never noticed any problems. Project M is great also, everyone feels fluid.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The great Bepisman, I have found you. Your fidget spinner homebrew gives me life

3. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    uh thanks

TheVinAnator likes this.
  4. DewTek

DewTek Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    Oklahoma
    Screenshot_20171005-084644. Heh, sorry
    But this is still inaccurate

gryz and TimX24968B like this.
  5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Brawl. But in terms of being a competitive fighter it has some massive faults, so bad that it isn't played at major esport events even though Melee still is and of course Sm4sh is as well. Tripping is one of the biggest issues in this regard, and that was purposely programmed into Brawl. Even still for the casual, fun, fuck around Smash experiences that I've always preferred over the hardcore, no items, flat static stages experiences, you really can't go wrong with Brawl in that respect. But for the competitive minded, I understand why Brawl needed such an overhaul like we saw with Project M. Sm4sh isn't broken for the competitive scene like Brawl is, hence why I don't think it really needs its over version of Project M.

Last edited by duffmmann, Oct 5, 2017
  6. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Our goal isn't to create PM.

Our goal is to add as much content to Smash 4 as possible, while heavily inspired by Melee and Project M gameplay. Sm4sh doesn't require fixing unlike Brawl. Regardless, it's still a 3 year old game and a new pack and mod breathing new life into it is something it'll need and something people will want. Especially moreso for the lesser modded and researched version.

To this day I really don't see why people see the words Melee or PM and assume a mod can't be anything larger than just a Melee HD.

Last edited by Halvorsen, Oct 5, 2017
  7. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    It kinda has to do with the fact that most, if not all of the community for those games in this day and age, are there for the competitive scene. its become a game with a huge amount of depth, so people want to see all of it there, or at least the most noticable mechanics that introduce that level of depth to the game. In this mod's current state, not many of these are there.

Its like making an RPG and saying "inspired by skyrim", yet you only make a generic RPG and the only things brought are that "arrow to the knee" joke and the chickens attacking you, while claming the entire game was "inspired by skyrim."

8. gryz
    OP

gryz GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2016
    United States
    Fixed.

DewTek likes this.
  9. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Everything that can currently be possibly added to the 3DS version regarding tech has been added...

Please realise that zero mod teams have wavedashing or anything of the sort. We included an experimental wavedash back in Alphas, but has since been removed.

10. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    yes, i read the pinned post from the discord that linked to the reddit one about why lots of tech hasnt been added yet. i was just trying to explain against the large amount of hostility for potentially adding it. a simple "it cant be done yet" solves that problem much faster.

11. Cody777

Cody777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    Is this still in progress? Just asking since I haven't heard anything on it since October when you said youd release a new version every month. No rush though! If rather have a quality game that takes longer to have out then whatever you can throw against the wall in a certain time! Plus im sure it takes a lot of work to develop. I'm very interested in this and I can't wait to see more!

nooby89 likes this.
  12. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Currently in hiatus as my personal PC no longer functions and other membersof the team have issues to deal with irl. I am looking to restart progress by March.

13. DewTek

DewTek Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    Oklahoma
    Awe.... March?

14. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I've just released a fork of USM, titled 'Winds Edition'! It is based on the 0.1 Release.

Release was a few weeks ago, but you can find it here!
    https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6517

Changes include

+Brand new edits to Smash 3DS's CRO subsystem, meaning we can add special fall to moves and more!
    +Jump Cancel for Fox has been introduced. This is not yet implemented for aerial Shines, so please stay tuned!
    +Shadow Fighters have been introduced. These are all-black voids of existing Fighters. Try playing them on dark stages!
    +Miis added as dedicated slots. Standard movesets! Currently, Mii Brawler only. Will be reverted by next update.
    +Many UI additions such as two styles of the Character Select Screen.
    +New Announcer: Nathanael Platier from Smashified!.
    +Stage fixes (model/texture for Temple). All BF Omega Form stages have collisions matching Final Destination.
    +Higher Fidelity Audio for 3DS soundtracks. Compressed OST have been replaced with lossless rips.
    +New Fighters since Release 0.1 include Miis, Shulk, Pac-Man, Ness, Mega Man, Samus, and Sonic.
    +New game mechanics: all global parameters have been rewritten from scratch.

Pac-Man now has a real grab; Shulk has a new Art: Berserker. This replaces Shield -- extreme offense with the tradeoff of little to no mobility.

Last edited by Halvorsen, Mar 26, 2018
  15. DewTek

DewTek Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    Oklahoma
    Well it was about time you spread the news here lol

Yepi69 likes this.
  16. KianTheTemper

KianTheTemper Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2019
    Netherlands
    How do you download this on the 3ds? Or is it for citra?

17. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Install Mod-Moon, then follow its directions to install a modpack. The latest Winds edition can be found on GameBanana

18. KianTheTemper

KianTheTemper Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2019
    Netherlands
    There is a problem,the github page doesnt work,now i can't download the file,i'll keep trying though

19. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Try our dedicated site.

20. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted