ROM Hack USM-eM - A Melee inspired mod for Smash 4

• Thread starter gryz
  • Start date
  • Views 38,664
  • Replies 179
  • Likes 21

Full demo builds or individual fighter updates?

• I would like demo builds similar to Project M.

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • I would like individual files, please.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I really don't care as long as I get the files!

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gryz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sm4sh isn't broken in the same way Brawl was. While Project M almost seemed like a necessity for the hardcore Smash players, I can't say such a thing really feels warranted with Sm4sh. I mean if you want to do it, by all means go for it, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm really not interested.
Yeah, it's not broken, it's just... slow. Really, really slow and tedious (for me at least) I just want a faster paced Smash with Smash 4's roster. Honestly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You got me even more interested with new stages. I'm all for it!
:)

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, should I go and buy Corrin? That's the only character I haven't bought yet.

Editing this post as I play with Roy..

-Oooh, I like the new title screen!
-Default 4 Stock? Whew, I can finally stop having to go and change to stock. However, pressing default resets it to Smash 4 default. Intentional? Or have you not found it, or is it unfixable?
-Roy feels really nice! Just like in Melee. Just a question, though: Do you plan to add wavedashing?
-I like the results screen!
-Is it just me, or is the AI smarter?

Last edited by nobody231,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd help out, but schools about to start again for me and that's kinda important.
If you really do need help I could probably find time to work on a character or something.

gryz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, should I go and buy Corrin? That's the only character I haven't bought yet.

Editing this post as I play with Roy..

-Oooh, I like the new title screen!
-Default 4 Stock? Whew, I can finally stop having to go and change to stock. However, pressing default resets it to Smash 4 default. Intentional? Or have you not found it, or is it unfixable?
-Roy feels really nice! Just like in Melee. Just a question, though: Do you plan to add wavedashing?
-I like the results screen!
-Is it just me, or is the AI smarter?
Ok, so about all of this:
-Thanks!
-IDK, but it should be fine. If I try to add time to stock it always ends up just being 1 minute. So it will stay at 4 stock like Melee. I'll try to do 10mins though.
-When we get there. Don't worry if I could I would, trust me. L cancel, directional airdodge, reflect powershield, and other custom inputs can't be read yet, but I am currently experimenting and researching on how I can add these fundamentals. Thanks though!
-Thanks!(i didn't make it so plz don't sue me :o)
-It's not just you! That's a result of better mechanics. Crouch canceling, chain throwing, lagless edges, Melee shields, way better dash dancing, more hitstun, and everything else is just a result of engine calculation edits(how the game calculates values) which makes the game feel MUCH faster. Glad you like it!
Also, get the DLC. Corrin will be a lot of fun once they are done! (Though you can just get a DLC CIA online, but you didn't hear it from me)

BTW, picked up the results screen here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...-HTf5XxlraGgqtV6g&sig2=TQ9cht-WYwiBJXw9UgsF-A

Wii U version here: http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4908

Last edited by gryz,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got me even more interested with new stages. I'm all for it!
I'm working (kinda lazily) on
the Final Corridor where you meet Sans
And basing it off Battlefield. Just an aesthetic skin, but a fun one.
Hey guys! So I've been working on a project for a while. It's meant to replicate PM, and improve the game speed of Smash 4 by blending it with Melee attributes. A full changelog will come soon! Also, give me feedback please! Would you guys like full demo releases or individual fighter updates? Let me know down below! Here's Roy. The OP will be updated regularly. (I will try to post weekly or bi-monthly updates as much as I can!)

The Project Dolphin DevTeam: me (@gryz), @Yudowat, @Swiftloke, @soulphraser, @Mo0n, @LinkSoraZelda, @GoForGreatNess, @EmulatorLover, @BlastXDX, and @ArcPh1r3.
I don't know why I didn't get a notification for this. Oh well.
Ok, so I'm guessing that everyone wants demo builds then! So, SSBDX Alpha 1.0 will be out soon! Look forward to new stages and at least 10-15 fighters! Next month we will be featured in our first ever tournament livestream, so look forward to it! Regular updates will be posted, so check back often!
I'll be in it if you finish Lucas before then. I'll be sending you a full "wish list" (if you will) soon.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working (kinda lazily) on
the Final Corridor where you meet Sans
And basing it off Battlefield. Just an aesthetic skin, but a fun one.
Oh, that. Will
Sans
be in the background?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that. Will
Sans
be in the background?
If someone figures out background animation. I originally intended to replace Final Destination with
The Barrier
But after a lot of searching around, I found out that it hadn't been done yet.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone figures out background animation. I originally intended to replace Final Destination with
The Barrier
But after a lot of searching around, I found out that it hadn't been done yet.
Well, that sucks. I hope someone figures it out sometime.

gryz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't actually add things that complex to Smash 4 quite just yet in either version, but I've been planning to do a custom GUI from the start, trust me.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you putting an undertale stage in a smash 4 mod? Shouldn't we be keeping this as close-knit to Nintendo as possible?

And Undertale being inspired by earthbound is NOT a good excuse.

gryz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, don't blame me, it was Swiftloke's idea. :creep: Lol but we're not (I'm not) putting it in the mod, don't worry. We won't "poison" our mod with Undertale stuff lol, it's just for "fun"

DISCLAIMER: Undertale is actually a really good game and I just like to make jokes about it like everyone else

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you putting an undertale stage in a smash 4 mod? Shouldn't we be keeping this as close-knit to Nintendo as possible?

And Undertale being inspired by earthbound is NOT a good excuse.
Lol yeah, this is just something I'm doing personally. Not actually putting it in the mod. It's just for fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1