Hacking usm.bin giving me the "You need permission to perform this action." error.

tomfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been wanting to mod my 3ds for a while now, but I don't own a microSD card reader. After searching for a while I came across an alternate way of modding your 3ds, the microSD Management feature. Everything was going well until I got to the step where you need to insert the usm.bin file into your root folder. I tried insterting the file into the root folder, but it kept giving me that "You need permission to perform this action." error. I haven't been able to find any ways to combat this so...any ideas? I'm running Windows 11. My 3DS is on 11.16.0.49E.

Apologies if I missed something, I'm brand new to modding.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to mod my 3ds for a while now, but I don't own a microSD card reader. After searching for a while I came across an alternate way of modding your 3ds, the microSD Management feature. Everything was going well until I got to the step where you need to insert the usm.bin file into your root folder. I tried insterting the file into the root folder, but it kept giving me that "You need permission to perform this action." error. I haven't been able to find any ways to combat this so...any ideas? I'm running Windows 11. My 3DS is on 11.16.0.49E.

Buy a MicroSD Card reader

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Try that. I don't know if Win11 allows you to toggle that flag but try it anyway.
If you can't get that to work, but a mSD reader as Shadow pointed out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi +1