gundam126

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

So I got Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition a day ago and figured out the hard way that using a controller instead of mouse and keyboard was basically required not an option. Unfortunately, I lack a Xbox360 Controller, supposedly the only one officially supported. So what I decided to do was use my Wii Classic Controller Pro since I had a Mayflash Wii Classic to USB converter on hand, then I used Xbox360ce, which emulates an Xbox 360 controller with whatever controller you're using.

Here's the problem then. I set all my controls and what not, so buttons and everything is good to go. Unfortunately however, the joysticks aren't working right, so my character is stuck walking, which could work for some other games, but that's rather crippling for this one. I fiddled around with deadzones and anti-deadzones, but nothing worked. Admittedly however, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. So basically any help would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas on how to get it working right.

Well, any except people telling me to stop being cheap and just going out to buy an Xbox360 controller. Because I won't. Why? Because I refuse to spend money on another controller for a game that should have at least worked on its controls a little bit and I've not had any problems with any other games besides this.

Anyways, thanks for any help!

gundam126

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....I....

headdesk.gif

Thank you.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know how you feel. I had a perfectly working Dual Shock for years ( I still have it actually ) and I got so used to it, playing most PC games via a usb adapter.
When I realized that most games were optimized for a 360 controller, and when one is detected you get the proper icons on screen, I fiddled around with the 360 controller amulator and made it work flowlessly with most games.
However some games had their own calls for the directinput device and thy just wouldn't work well or at all with the emulator.
It was a lot of headache really, but eventually , after years of use, I decided I got my money's worth out of the old DS controller , so when I purchased my new gaming laptop a few weeks ago, I decided to get a wired 360 controller with it from the very start.
Now I'm able to play nearly everything right out of the box, no messing around with config files, ini files, directx inputs and so on.
It just works, and it saves me a lot of hassles.

I'm glad you got your CC working, I also own a CCpro and I think it's wonderful, but because it lacks L3 and R3 buttons, I wouldn't want to use it on console ported games for windows, especially Dark Souls, which uses the R3 button to lock on the enemies ( which is essentially part og the gameplay ).
You gonna have to find an alternate control scheme for most games, and they usually use every available button on the PS360 controllers.

So altough you warned us that you don't wanna hear it, I would still recommend you to get a 360 controller for your PC, you'll see, in the long run you'll be glad you did it and never look back.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's that USB converter for the Classic Controller? I use my CCP for PC games too but I use glovePIE and PPJoy, which can be a hassle at times.

gundam126

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly, I bought the adapter thinking that it would save me from having to go and buy a controller. Before buying it, I was going to buy an Xbox360 controller actually, and even now I still have thoughts about going to buy that MLG Controller. For now though, my Wii Classic Pro and adapter is serving nicely. I also realized that the joystick buttons were sorta necessary for Dark Souls, but fortunately I still had the "Home" button free in the center of my controller. Not ideal, but it works. Anyways, the adapter is the Mayflash Wii Classic Remote adapter.

http://www.mayflash....iiGC/PC045.html

Works brilliantly...ONCE YOU CALIBRATE IT. >.>;;; Other than errors caused by me, it does its job admirably. In this case, all you need is Xbox360 CE, which I mentioned in the title. It emulates a 360 controller to work with games like, well, Dark Souls. Oddly enough though, without it, my CCP still worked, just the default mapping was annoying, which is why I used the controller emulator to reset my control scheme.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you don't need to buy a xbox 360 controller with xbox 360 compatible games, if you have a ps3 use the dual shock 3 and install this program, it has a option to make it work with said games:

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

see, there was no need for you to waste your time with the classic controller, was there?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Technically on topic, but many, many people are playing Dark Souls with a keyboard and mouse.
Look for a config. The game runs quuuite well with keyboard and mouse when you configure it properly. I still prefer my gamepad, but I could actually see myself playing mouse and keyboard if it ever died for some reason.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you don't need to buy a xbox 360 controller with xbox 360 compatible games, if you have a ps3 use the dual shock 3 and install this program, it has a option to make it work with said games:

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

see, there was no need for you to waste your time with the classic controller, was there?

He didn't mention he has a PS3 controller.

And besides, if he has a CC with a USB adapter, and decides to download the xbox360 CE to make it behave like 360 controller, how is that a waste of time compared to download motioninjoy and make his PS3 controller behave like a 360 controller ? :blink:

The quickest, future proof way, is still to buy an xbox 360 controller. It works right out of the box with everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s