Homebrew Using wiimote to play Dosbox games on Wii

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering can I use my wiimote to play dosbox games on my Wii? I am talking about Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion, it only requires like 2 buttons and a D-pad. Wiimote is perfect in that case, and I neither have any other controllers nor a keyboard.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read it, but for the life of me, i cant figure out what i should do... any advice on how to start with this whole thing

SWATlozar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly, playing with a Wiimote is kind of like playing a FPS with a touchpad. It's possible, but hard to accomplish.
I don't recall much about using a Wiimote with DOSBox, but as far as I'm concerned, you have an on-screen keyboard you can use. Since DOSBox has no GUI, you need to know the exact location of the executable you want to launch. About binding keys... Check GrayWolf's link again.

But honestly, just use a USB keyboard. They are cheap and highly-compatible. Also, you'll totally feel like you're playing a game on DOS.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, playing with a Wiimote is kind of like playing a FPS with a touchpad. It's possible, but hard to accomplish.
I don't recall much about using a Wiimote with DOSBox, but as far as I'm concerned, you have an on-screen keyboard you can use. Since DOSBox has no GUI, you need to know the exact location of the executable you want to launch. About binding keys... Check GrayWolf's link again.

But honestly, just use a USB keyboard. They are cheap and highly-compatible. Also, you'll totally feel like you're playing a game on DOS.

Read the OP. He's talking about a game that only needs 4 directionals and 2 buttons. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.