Hardware Using Wii on PC Monitor

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've discovered gamebridge yesterday and ordered one from ebay for mere 10$. Hopefully I will finally be able to play wii and 360 on laptop screen
wub.gif

Some people report lag and blurry image while others have no complaints at all. Seems to be software's fault. Anybody here had any experience with gamebridge? How is it?
Get DScaler software. The included ones sucks /b/alls.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've discovered gamebridge yesterday and ordered one from ebay for mere 10$. Hopefully I will finally be able to play wii and 360 on laptop screen
wub.gif

Some people report lag and blurry image while others have no complaints at all. Seems to be software's fault. Anybody here had any experience with gamebridge? How is it?

OMG this is what I needed! I gave up on my gamebridge because the lag pissed me off like no other. Looks like I gotta reinstall the drivers...

EDIT: Nope, still no good, looks like s**t, plays like s**t, and tastes lik... wait.

tv2007112622114600jz3.png

That screenshot's really weird for some reason...

But it still lags, and looks like an N64 game playing with GameBridge on DScaler...

*sigh* Looks like I should sell this thing...

Phrostay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
+Shots taken with a Cannon IXUS 850 IS with no flash and an ISO of 400.
+The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 206B
+Cable is the VD-W2
+The image was adjusted by the monitor automatically (I just pressed the "Auto" button underneath)

ImageShack downsized my images to be under 1.5mb in size

Jaggies abound in the above shot :S

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
We'll have a GBAtemp review of the V-Digi cable up fairly soon
smile.gif

Nice. I was in doubt of choosing that one or the X2VGA2, and eventually I chose the X2VGA2. It does what it's supposed to do very well, but I discovered that PAL Wii's can't play PAL GameCube games in 480p, so I can't play my GC games T_T

Lol, you should have known better Jelbo
wink.gif
( http://ps3.scorpei.com/XCM_1080p.html ):
I'm covering the Wii separately because unlike the PS3 it is not capable of upscaling (or at least this is not an available feature). This means that games not supporting EHDTV (meaning everything from the virtual console, nearly all if not all GameCube games and some Wii games such as Mario Party 8) will not work with the VGA box (or at least not with a PAL Wii system which outputs 576i). Aside from that EHDT works perfectly fine with nearly all games and it does look quite nice.

Phrostay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some monitors don't have component input, this is a solution for those of us who don't have the option of getting component input with a monitor. As far as I can tell VGA and Component are exactly the same the only difference is that the connectors are different. Correct me if i'm wrong please!

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice shots Phrostay. I wonder if there really are differences between that cable and my VGA box.

Scorpei: Yeah I could have known it. I rushed things a bit because I bought it together with my PAL Wii. Guess I'll have to resort to piracy now to play NTSC GC games in 480p.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG this is what I needed! I gave up on my gamebridge because the lag pissed me off like no other. Looks like I gotta reinstall the drivers...

EDIT: Nope, still no good, looks like s**t, plays like s**t, and tastes lik... wait.

But it still lags, and looks like an N64 game playing with GameBridge on DScaler...

What are your PC specs?
Could you try it straight after reboot, with all unnecessary services killed?

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That DSCaler screenshot somehow fucks up, it's the same with our TV Card with DSCaler. The displayed image is correct though, and from the quality that I see it's fine when displayed correctly.. I don't think a cheap device like that can offer much more.

Phrostay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If GbaTemp does a review could they please explain what the 4 DIP switches on the vdigi cable actually do? They are listed as:

1. RGB (Comp)
2. RGBHV (Default)
3. RGBHV (1)
4. RGBHV (2)

Cheers.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wub.gif

What aspect ratio, and what video mode? chances are you didn't use the right settings.

Set video mode to "even scanlines only"

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Compro Videomate V300 is what I am using to display my Wii on the PC.
It works with both Progressive and Interlaced.
It converts component to VGA so there is a little bit of quality loss but it still looks pretty damn good.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Compro Videomate V300 is what I am using to display my Wii on the PC.
It works with both Progressive and Interlaced.
It converts component to VGA so there is a little bit of quality loss but it still looks pretty damn good.
Nice device! Very expensive though, but you can display an interlaced signal on a PC screen. Better not think about it for too long or I might regret buying the X2VGA2...

if you ever sell it, I'm your man ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night