Using Tubehax DNS to block ironfall update, got a few questions.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ichigo1000, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    1. Is it still possible to play online with this DNS?

2. The last time I used the tubehax dns, it gives me an error when i try to update. Is it possible to get rid of the update? (I'm assuming it is pre-downloaded, like the firmware update nag)

3. If you cannot get rid of the software update, is it possible to prevent it from happening? (I've only heard about the update patching Ironhax. I haven't opened my 3DS yet, but it is connected the the internet without tubehax DNS) Or will the update notification prior launching the game will still appear?

2. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Yes and no, but updates won't download when tubehax dns is enabled and game updates don't pre-download.

3. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 18, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela-Zulia.
    I do have a question.
    If I use a DNS (tubehax DNS or OpenDNS) my console wont update by itself? even in sleep mode?

4. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Nope, even in sleep mode.

5. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. Since updates don't predownload, will the update message appear regardless if i've had the DNS enabled before connecting to the internet? Although the message isn't much of a problem, i just don't want to see the message each time i launch the software.

What I'm thinking is, if I enable the DNS before connecting to the internet, can that prevent the update message from happening?

6. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    The message still appears.

7. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    I have one more question, can you still access the eShop with this DNS (possibly fixed with smea's new spoofer, if access is not possible), and is there any other downsides using it? Thanks.

8. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    No and no. Smea's spoofer will work with it I'd assume.