Using Triiforce MRC as a loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Magsor, Dec 17, 2010.

Dec 17, 2010

Using Triiforce MRC as a loader by Magsor at 12:54 AM (1,781 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Magsor
    OP

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Howard from this thread http://gbatemp.net/t269198-programmer-need...7-channel-limit told me this in a PM today :
    You can install triiforce (or mrc for that matter) to the Nand and it essentially just acts like a loader. 100% compatability.
    Since i have been bugging him I think he does not want to answer me.
    The question is simple if you know the answer...

How do I install triiforce MRC so it only acts as a loader? (and have 100% compatibility)

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...are you sure that's supposed to be "install triiforce to the nand"?

When you run triiforce (MRC) the normal way (from the \apps\triiforce folder on your SD or USB drive), the first thing it asks you is whether you want to use the real nand, the SD card or the USB drive. As such, it is perfectly possible to use it to load wiiware and VC games that are installed on the nand. And to my knowledge, that is also with 100% compatibility (the whole reason why triiforce doesn't have 100% compatability is because the nand emulation from Waninkoko's revisions aren't perfect yet).

Now...I'm not that familiar with sneek, but I do know that it can be used to store all sorts of wiiware/VC games as well. And provided you run sneek on a drive of decent capacity, it can store a lot more than the wii. As such, Howard's idea in that other thread seems valid: after all, you're not so much bottlenecked by the amount of space on your (sneeked) wii but by the amount of channels you have. I remember reading that it was perfectly possible to install more wiiware/wads/other channels than there are channels available, so it is just a matter of extending sneek's system menu to have more than 4 pages of channels.

I also remember reading that you could use triiforce somehow to load wiiware/VC from sneek's nand instead of the real nand (and as such, get around that channel limit). Can't recall where or how it is done, though...

3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    you dont run triiforce on sneek. it would be emulating on an emulator. triiforce mrc is not perfect but its liek 90% compatible. the main gripe i have is a lack of wifi, which might be fixed in rev21 (it supposedly was fixed in 20 but the nand emulator didn't make it due to some problems with github).

you can use sneek (or multiple sneek nands to have access to all your wiiware/vc) or triiforce but not both. there is no need.

4. Liberty

Member Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Wanikoko should release his cIOSX rev21 before we start talking about Triiforce again.

5. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    afik the channel limit in sneek is not present although you cant see more than the normal 48 or whatever it is in the system menu but you can use triiforce loading from real nand (whilst in sneek) as a loader or gecko os.

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    The point in running Triiforce within (u)SNEEK is to bypass the page limit and load the games you can't see.

You would select to run them from real nand in the Triiforce settings but as it's in SNEEK they are still emulated (EG from SD/USB) but with almost 100% (some games have characters that are illegal on a FAT FS so either WBFS would need added to SNEEK or code to change these characters "on the fly")

Also you would need to compile Triiforce to use an IOS that works within SNEEK, so NOT a cIOS, an official installed (to the emu nand) IOS that works with all (?) Wiiware/VC. iirc however selecting load from real nand in Triiforce allows the game to use it's native IOS anyway, so other than the illegal chars everything should work with the page limit removed and things sotre on an external usb/sd and without needing to change Triiforce code unless you want to remove the options etc..

After reading the other threads, I myself think this is maybe the best solution, but I've no time to play about with it, and tbh I think most WW is crap tbh.

Sorgs Deluxe works this way, but I haven't had time to keep up with how he's doing with that for a while.

7. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    I know that triiforce works in sneek/uneek as long as you change it like these guys are saying i run all my ww/vc from triiforce in uneek

if anyone wants my compiled version of triforce to work with sneek just message me