using the wad manager to uninstall wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MaGnUmKiLLa, Jul 30, 2009.

Jul 30, 2009
  1. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, I have Wad Manager v.3 and I use it to install wads like Wiiware/VC titles. I'm wondering what the difference is in me using the Wad Manager to uninstall those wads as compared to just deleting them in the Wii System Menu

2. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I guess the only advantage is that the wad manager deletes the ticket.

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I don't really think there is a difference, but maybe it is safer to delete them with the Wad Manager?

(Also, my 666th post aww yeah!)

4. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    See, even if you delete a game from your wii (Pirated or not), it leaves a ticket behind. This is used to let the wii shop know you can redownload the game whenever you like, but if you uninstall with wad manager, it'll take the ticket off too. This way, the paranoid can sleep easy knowing that nintendo cannot look at what tickets their wiis contain to find out if the wii has been used for pirate wads. It's really no big deal. Uninstall with wad manager if you have the time. If not, the channel management will work fine.

Ninja'd, but my post is better.

5. BryceOne

BryceOne Newbie

Using the Data Manager to delete the WiiWare/VC titles wouldn't be that big of deal, unless you have MANY of them installed (like those of us that run them from SD cards).. In this case, it's using alot of your Wii's free blocks and deleting them using WAD Manager will free up these blocks. I had about 10 pages full of WiiWare/VC titles, and went through and removed the one's I never really play and must have free'd up about about 200 blocks (the space used for tickets AND the game's save files.)

6. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can delete the tickets with anytitledeleter too couldn't I? I hate to really mess with that though I don't know what's what

7. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can, but if you still have the wad, that's the easiest way to go about deleting it completely. Just run wad manager the same way you did to install it and just tell it to uninstall instead of install.