Hardware Using the same HDD for both vWii and Wii U?

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I hope I am not making the wrong thread in the wrong place. If so, please feel free to move it! But I wanted to ask this question. So, my Wii U, so far I have only installed the Homebrew of the vWii. I've succesfully done everything for it, it's complete. I use the vWii to load game backups of Wii from USB loader GX, and of Gamecube through Nintendont. I use the same 1TB My Passport HDD. In a future, I am interested in moving to Wii U homebrew though. But the reason I haven't gone into it yet, it's because, since the Wii U support is dead now, along this year we should be getting much safer, faster ways to Homebrew the Wii U, like the 3DS, and second, I do not have another HDD to use, so I was hoping someone would find out a way to share the same HDD I use, for both vWii's Wii and GCN games, but also Wii U. Do you know if there's a way out for this, or if there'll be along this year?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha has sorta working fat32 support. It doesn't have a stable release but some people have been compiling it anyways.

It isn't worth using as it will have long loading times like in loadiine.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I know the Wii U can read my HDD, what I mean is if in a future I'll be able to use that same HDD for both vWii and Wii U.

I don't have money to get another HDD or even a SD card.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the Wii U can read my HDD, what I mean is if in a future I'll be able to use that same HDD for both vWii and Wii U.

I don't have money to get another HDD or even a SD card.
It is already possible now but it is completely unusable with such slow loading

You need a SD card to hack the console.

DavionBlackwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It is already possible now but it is completely unusable with such slow loading

You need a SD card to hack the console.

But, why is the slow loading? Because of the HDD itself? My Wii and GCN games don't take up that long to load but that's a whole different thing. What ways are there to fix the loading issue? I supose that'd mean buying something...

I do have an SD card. The same one I use for the vWii.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, why is the slow loading? Because of the HDD itself? My Wii and GCN games don't take up that long to load but that's a whole different thing. What ways are there to fix the loading issue? I supose that'd mean buying something...

I do have an SD card. The same one I use for the vWii.
The loading is slow because nintendo's fat32 drivers are slow. Nothing anyone can do about it unless they make better fat32 drivers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂