Using the new EZ Flash iV Deluxe as Ram Expansion

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pizzahutmaster, Mar 20, 2008.

1. pizzahutmaster
    OP

Newcomer pizzahutmaster Advanced Member

United States
    I read the description about this new device and it says that it has 32 Mbytes of PSRAM. Correct me if I am wrong but the PSRAM is used for the Web browser right? I have the EZ Flash 3-in-1 which has 16 Mbytes of PSRAM that I use for the Opera Web Browser and it provides decent speed, so if I were to use the new EZ Flash iV the loading speed would be faster? I mean using the same connection of internet.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    AFAIK, the official browser RAM expansion has 10MB of RAM. It does not expect to be using non-official RAM packs, so I doubt that it will use more than 10MB of RAM regardless of how much is available. If you were using some hypothetical homebrew web browser that supported slot 2 RAM directly, it might make a significant difference in performance. In this case, I don't think it would matter.

The EZ4 Lite Deluxe is not particularly new BTW. The 3-in-1 was released more recently.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's actually 8 MB, so the 3in1 contains double what is really needed. I too doubt the browser can use anything beyond the 8 MB limit (I get out-of-memory errors when using my slot-2 Supercard as RAM with the official slot-1 cartridge) unless someone hacked the game to make it happen. The bottleneck is really with the DS's slow CPU speed, not really the RAM speed.