Using the Japanese WiiShop from another region

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bloodliketheatla, Aug 14, 2008.

1. bloodliketheatla
    OP

bloodliketheatla GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Has anyone tried this yet? I'm not interested in making this work but I thought I'd share my experience with those of you who are interested:

I recently changed my console from NTSC-J to NTSC-U and after doing this I deleted all of my system channels (except WiiShop). I have wad files of all of these just in case except WiiShop so I didn't want to risk it.

Since I've changed the region, any disc I had already burned without BrickBlock is asking me to update again. So I just let Super Mario Galaxy run it's updates and it reinstalled every system channel again. I tell you this because I'm not sure if these updates affected the WiiShop since it was the only one installed.

This is the part that might interest some of you: My WiiShop now has an English menu but it only lets me select Japanese titles. For example I see the games "Tsuushin Taikyoku: Igo Dojo 2700-Mon" and right under it it says "Download, 1,000 Wii Points" It also shows all the information in English such as "Released 08/05/2008" and "For 1-2 Players". I can't test to see if this works because I don't have any Wii Points nor would I want to buy any of the Japanese games. But if you're that interested, hopefully this helps.