Using the Ewin GBA Loader for the EZ 3 in 1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Maikel Steneker, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I may be very late with this, but I couldn't find anything about this anywhere on the forum.

Take a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/ypj9sn

It seems like this patch makes it possible to use the Ewin GBA Loader (for their Ewin Expansion Pak) with its main competitor, the EZ 3 in 1!

Currently I don't own either of them, but this still seems very interesting to me. Because when this is possible for the 3 in 1, why wouldn't it be for the M3 Perfect?

So my question is: is it possible to make such a patch to use clean GBA roms from a Slot-1 flashcart on the M3 Perfect by doing this? I guess I wouldn't need an Ewin Expansion Pak anymore, right? If this is possible, how easy would it be to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why would you want to do that? Just boot your M3 Perfect from your slot one, takes like a second extra..

3. Eyedunno

Member Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Yes indeed, he made a patch to allow GBALDR to run on a 3-in-1. I also see no reason why it couldn't be done for any other flash card with RAM. If anything, I imagine it would be EASIER to get working with M3 Perfect (because it has the same amount of RAM as the Ewin). I have no idea how one would go about it though. It could probably be worked out by looking at Rudolph's patch if you know a lot about both the M3 hardware and the 3-in-1.

Rudolph's "patches" are a pain to get working though. They're not really patches, but copy-and-paste jobs using a hex editor, as I discovered when I messed with the NDS Browser.

Oh, and my comments on that page are weird in machine-generated Engrish. :/ I'm trying to figure out where it got "unusable" from, as GBALDR 1.4 is quite usable, and I said so. :/

Edit:
    Yes, but running your GBA ROMs from slot-1 means you don't have to keep your NDS and GBA roms on separate cards, plus you can use totally clean ROMs (they're patched in RAM by the loader itself).

4. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Having 2 different cards also means more possible storage space..

5. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah, that's why I want it [​IMG]

I'm probably not technical enough to make the patches myself, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the help everyone.

6. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Netherlands
    OK, I found a patched version of the Ewin GBA Loader version 1.3.0, but I can't find the regular one. Does anyone still have the normal, unpatched version so I can compare them?

7. Eyedunno

Member Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Here you go.
    http://www.zshare.net/download/4665255b19e44c/
    And good luck. Sounds hard. [​IMG]

If it helps any, the locations that are changed (according to Rudolph) are:
    0x1188 (128 bytes)
    0x13E4 (68 bytes)
    0x14D4 (76 bytes)
    Plus the following smaller changes:
    0x1138?06 4B -> 70 47