Hacking Question Using SSB Link Amiibo keep getting Epona....

MetaNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought the Action Replay PowerSaves with the Power Tag and I've been using it with the new Zelda game on my Nintendo Switch. Datel's newest update for it included a Random Serial Number under Cheat's which allows you to randomize the bin serial number so you don't have to keep changing the date to use the same Amiibo. Well when I put SSB Link onto my Power Tag and I scan it first thing I get Epona and then when I use the serial randomize cheat and I scan it again I still get Epona. So does anyone know if there is a work around this? Was trying to scan to get the Twilight armor. I know that the problem is when I use the serial number randomize cheat it just resets the amiibo and keeps giving me Epona since she is set to be given to you the first time you scan the SSB Link amiibo. So if anyone knows of a work around that would be really helpful. Thanks.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought the Action Replay PowerSaves with the Power Tag and I've been using it with the new Zelda game on my Nintendo Switch. Datel's newest update for it included a Random Serial Number under Cheat's which allows you to randomize the bin serial number so you don't have to keep changing the date to use the same Amiibo. Well when I put SSB Link onto my Power Tag and I scan it first thing I get Epona and then when I use the serial randomize cheat and I scan it again I still get Epona. So does anyone know if there is a work around this? Was trying to scan to get the Twilight armor. I know that the problem is when I use the serial number randomize cheat it just resets the amiibo and keeps giving me Epona since she is set to be given to you the first time you scan the SSB Link amiibo. So if anyone knows of a work around that would be really helpful. Thanks.
Go to the Gerudo desert to scan the amiibo. Horses can't travel in the desert so Epona is skipped in favor of the chests. Confirmed and have done this myself.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Epona once per save unless you abandon her or she dies though?

Are you boarding her or is it spawning multiple Eponas?
No, you can have as many Epona as you want. It's designed to have a high chance of giving you Epona the first time you scan the amiibo. Unfortunately if you have more than one SSB Link amiibo (or you randomize the serial like OP is doing) you get Epona on the first scan for each unique amiibo serial, which prevents you from chain-scanning the amiibo to try and get the other rewards.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, you can have as many Epona as you want. It's designed to have a high chance of giving you Epona the first time you scan the amiibo. Unfortunately if you have more than one SSB Link amiibo (or you randomize the serial like OP is doing) you get Epona on the first scan for each unique amiibo serial, which prevents you from chain-scanning the amiibo to try and get the other rewards.
Ah, right. Sorry then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1