Using SCDS1 as Passme

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by [M]artin, Nov 24, 2007.

Nov 24, 2007

Using SCDS1 as Passme by [M]artin at 9:49 PM (896 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Hey guys. I noticed that in one of the SCDS1's fw updates, using the SCDS1 as a Passme device to run Slot-2's was made possible. Also noticed the button combo to "Run Slot-2" in the SCDS1's OS (L + B).

However, I only have one MicroSD card currently used inside my SCDS1. I was wondering how I would enable the SCDS1 as a passme with only one MSD card. If I stick the MSD in the SCDS1 and pull the L + B combo, everything successfully boots into my Supercard Lite (Slot-2) OS but the "Cannot find SD card" message comes up (which makes sense, since it needed to be inside the SCDS1 to boot to it's menu and execute the L + B combo). I tried to swap the MSD after executing the combo but that just froze everything. I also tried starting up the DS with the MSD inside the SCL instead of the SCDS1 thinking that I didn't need the combo to access it Passme mode at all, maybe it just needed to be inserted into Slot-1. However, this didn't work, I was met with a "Cannot find SD card error", this time the error was being given to me by the SCDS1 (I guess the SCDS1 w/o a MSD overrides the SCL with a MSD inserted?).

Has anyone gotten this to work with only one MSD or would my only option to run it as a Passme be to buy another MSD?

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. NonStopInTheMix

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well the thing is. The problem with slot2 devices in the past was they needed a passkey. And as a result, it ate up more battery because the passkey has to be constantly running to keep the slot2 device running.

For the supercard ds one, the passkey "sofrware" i guess is stored on your microsd and isnt living inside the supercardsone itself yet. so you need to keep the microsd in the SCDS1 for the passkey to work.

in closing: sorry dude you're going to need 2 microsd's >_< thats the only way ive managed to use my scdsone as a passkey.

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    apparently if you get the mk3/4(?) rom and put it at the root of the microsd you should be able to load to slot 2 and there is going to to be a slight delay for you to take out the microsd and put it in the slot 2 card

im not very sure about this though...

alternatively you could just flash your ds

4. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Xcali, what is this MK3/4 rom you speak of? Is it rom of a flashcart? If so, I haven't heard of the MK3/4, any additional info would be greatly appreciated! [​IMG] (Would be great if the delay did allow for MSD swapping, worth a try [​IMG] )

I may just do as Non and buy another MSD if nothing else works, perhaps the smallest and cheapest I can find (all I need the extra MSD to do is boot up the SCDS1 OS and execute the Passme combo).

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    [M], if you're needin a pass device, I can always send you mine. I've got 3 Passes I have NO idea how I got them >_>

6. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Whoa, thankies Shinny ( [​IMG] ) but I actually have a Superkey stashed somewhere in a desk. I was just searching for a method that wouldn't require me to carry around any extra trinkets (however, I may just have to keep that Superkey close at hand whenever I venture out with my DS now).

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yes, when you boot the mk4-mini rom "sm-mk4ds.nds", an option screen pops up, giving you the opportunity to swap the microsd between the carts. once that is done, you press "b" to boot the slot two cart.

you can also rename it to superkey.nds and replace the file in scshell, making it the default L+B passme shortcut.

well, hopefully this new way should work.

8. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I told you about the MK3/4 rom!

9. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Nice! This method works but there's one problem...

Once I swap out the MicroSD and I've made it to the SupercardLite's OS I select a game and boot it up. The numbers increase until it loads all the way but I'm met with white screens for EVERY rom I try to load... Can't be bad roms because they all load fine with a Superkey...

Stumped here, is there any known solution? [​IMG]

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    gee.... , it just sounds like the mk4 passme isn't booting the supercard quite perfect, causing the problem.

if it's an incompatibility problem with mk4... then that sucks...