Using SAV files via flashcart to complete games you actually own.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Cyburn2008, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Cyburn2008
    OP

Cyburn2008 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    Has anyone here used their flashcart to download a SAV file and then download the ROM, for a game you own legally, in order to complete the game because you were stuck on a certain level.
    I did so for Final Fantasy III, as I was lv60 for all my characters and was having trouble with the final bosses.

2. ECJanga

ECJanga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    Nope. Never did that. However...

I played PW1 on No$GBA and back then I played only till Case 4 and continued with PW2. A month later I bought a DS Lite + CycloDS.

Then 1 month before Apollo Justice I felt like I need to play Case 5. And Shuny's Save Converter didn't convert no$GBA saves then. So I downloaded an AR save from GameFAQs. One that had the whole game completed.

So I could even skip some of the text in Case 5.

3. cris92x

cris92x GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    i dont get the question... i kno u can download saves for ds flashcarts... what else is there to kno

4. SchuchWun

SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    Canada
    The Burbs
    Get the game from the "usual sources" and do it that way... why bother backing up your cart? waste of time...

5. JJBro1

JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    u mean dumping the save file from your retail cart and manipulating it on your flash cart?