Hacking Using Rom Save on *New* 3DS XL (MH4U)

Newtype

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I've been playing MH4U using GW and decided i want to buy a New 3DS XL and play MH4U on there.

Can i use the save file present on my SD card on a new 3DS using a retail card?
Do i need to place it in a specific folder? hope its not much of a hassle.

Or do i have to use Sky3DS or wait for GW functionality before i can continue with a rom save?

Thanks in advance,

PS:
Running Emunand 9.5 on my 4.3 3DS XL using GW

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you played monster hunter on gateway, you will not in any way, shape, or form (as far as I'm concerned), be able to transfer your save file to a cartridge save.

Why? Because, new games that require Firmware 7.x+ uses a new type of encryption that gateway does not support. So, when you play your monster hunter save on gateway, gateway forces the game to save using the old method. However, the cartridge being completely authentic, will use the proper save format, and will be unable to read the save file you made via gateway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you played monster hunter on gateway, you will not in any way, shape, or form (as far as I'm concerned), be able to transfer your save file to a cartridge save.

Why? Because, new games that require Firmware 7.x+ uses a new type of encryption that gateway does not support. So, when you play your monster hunter save on gateway, gateway forces the game to save using the old method. However, the cartridge being completely authentic, will use the proper save format, and will be unable to read the save file you made via gateway.
6.x+ actually, but other than that you're right. The encryption added in 7.x is for ROM data not save files.

Newtype

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the clear answer.
Guess using a retail rom is a no-go.

I do have a follow-up question though.
Gateway team is working on the N3DS support.
When support is added for the N3DS, using gateway mode & stilll the rom like now should be possible right?

This would mean only swapping 3DS's, and using my save on a New 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."