Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to use RiiFS as of late. I have had luck loading custom files into Super Smash Bros Brawl through means of SD, but whenever I attempt to connect to my LAN to make use of RiiFS, I am running into headache after headache that simply won't resolve itself.

I have attempted server tutorials, none of which appear to be consistent or give vague information much like the wiki itself does.

Here's what I have setup.

On my Wii, I have Riivolution V1.04 installed and am using a retail copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC-U (Wii is also NTSC-U)

On my computer, I am using riifs C# build v1.03. I have it setup under my C:\riivolution\ folder. I have all my mods under the same folder, so my mods are "C:\riivolution\private\wii\..." and so on.

I am using the riifstemplate.xml file provided and have it set to the following.

XX.X.X.X is the IP address I get when running command prompt and typing in ipconfig. This is the IPv4 address that my computer returns for the Wireless LAN ADAPTER for the Wireless LAN that both my WIi and PC are on.

Now, I start up my riifs server by typing "C:\riivolution\riifs.exe\ in command prompt. When I do so, I get this: "WiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:1137" This confuses me, as I assumed it would say that it's ready for connections on my IPv4 address and not "0.0.0.0". However, continuing on...

Now, whenever I start up riivolution with the above config, the command prompt returns the following on startup

XX.X.X.XX:61238 - Connection Established
XX.X.X.XX:61238 - Handshake: Client Version "1.03"
XX.X.X.XX:61238 - Return -1
XX.X.X.XX:61238 - Goodbye
XX.X.X.XX:61238 - Return 1

After about two minutes after the second return 1 message, I am given a "Ping Timeout (120.0548668 seconds)" message after the fact.

Googling anything regarding a client return of -1 and RiiFS doesn't seem to do me any good, so I've no idea what to do at this point.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it always says that in the program (0.0.0.0) .. dont worry about that.. make sure you opened the 1137 port on your router as well

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually port forwarded before, so I may have screwed this up somewhere.

Under my router, I went to Port Forwarding/triggering and did the following

Service name: riifs.exe
External Start Port: 1137
External End Port: 1137
Internal Start Port: 1137
Internal End Port: 1137
Internal IP Address: XX.X.X.X (This is my computer on the network, should it instead be the Wii?)

Also, is it possible that my Riivolution version (1.04) isn't compatible with the server which is only 1.03? The update page states that v1.03 of the server works for compatability of Riivolution v1.03. I see nothing of v1.04.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and yes it is a wireless only deal here.. it wont take a wired lan

and you have to use your internal ip address, not external.. so you have to tell riivo you 192.168 number, not your isp's number..

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a Netgear WNDR3400 (It's a business office router; but it isn't taxed at all, it has maybe three devices that don't do much--So it's overboard if anything), and it should be WLAN. My computer is connected to it by a cheap wireless USB adapter and the Wii is also connected to it wirelessly.

Okay, I'll try using my local IP address then, assuming i can find it. ipconfig doesn't list a 192.168 address.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii's XML file is looking for the computer's address of 10.0.0.4, and the Wii's address itself is 10.0.0.10. I assumed that the address was correct because it does attempt to communicate with it, but ultimately fails (The address in command prompt of the returning device is that of the Wii). Is this address causing it to look for it through the internet as opposed to LAN? If so, that could explain the disconnections because my internet connection isn't the greatest.

And I still don't see a LAN address of 192.168...But I am seeing an address by the name of "Link-Local IPv6 Address"---and I assume the 192 address is IPv4---which may explain why it isn't listing? (This could just be my ignorance running wild).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your copy of the riifs c# server isn't v1.03. When the client (your wii) is saying it wants at least version 1.03 the pc is returning -1 which means it doesn't support it.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Your copy of the riifs c# server isn't v1.03. When the client (your wii) is saying it wants at least version 1.03 the pc is returning -1 which means it doesn't support it.

Thanks for replying, tueidj. I thought I had downloaded my server executable from the official website. I must've gotten a dated exe file elsewhere. That seems to have done, but now it's looking for directories that I didn't specify. It's looking for my information under C:\users\\apps\riivolution for xml files. I was hoping it would be under C:\riivolution\apps instead. I suppose I can move it; but shouldn't it look for it in the same starting directory of riifs.exe if I put the argument "external="\" in the XML file?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably when you launch the program from explorer, windows launches it from your user directory even though the actual program lives somewhere else.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense. I can live with it. Now then, I got it to launch and it does appear to be working when I launch a basic config. When I try to launch my config, however, it gives me an unhanded exception error and crashes the wii before the game even starts. I don't see a reason WHY it's crashing; however I am under the assumption it has to do with my file names. I have been a bit lazy and not properly renaming my files (Since the XML will accept any file name), and some of my files have dashes and spaces in them. Does RiiFS not play well with special characters in names?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay