Hacking Using retail N3DSXL as playtesting console for Unity

JoelLouviere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey, I signed up with Nintendo's Dev website to try and fiddle with Unity on the New3DS but I'm not sure how to go about getting it all working.
I have Luma 8.0 and Boot9Strap all installed with Rosalina and everything so I could try and use it as a debugging setup for running dev builds of Unity demos or games on it. I'm not sure if it's a Unity problem or my setup being wrong but it installed the built CIA file just fine but crashed with a prefetch abort error when I tried to start the game.
It was something about like trying to use a non-existent memory address for the game or whatever.
I have it on the latest firmware and I enabled the SYSINFO option on Luma's settings but retail games still run, so I'm not sure if it actually worked or not. I'm a novice at console development if you couldn't already tell.

Last edited by JoelLouviere,

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hacked 3DS should be able to run .cia files meant for devkits just fine. I wouldn't know much about the Nintendo SDK, but try to find a sample application that you could run on the system to verify that that aspect works.

I would also try without the UNITINFO hack enabled.

Last edited by Myria,

JoelLouviere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
A hacked 3DS should be able to run .cia files meant for devkits just fine. I wouldn't know much about the Nintendo SDK, but try to find a sample application that you could run on the system to verify that that aspect works.

I would also try without the UNITINFO hack enabled.
I tried it without UNITINFO enabled and it still crashed. The project is mostly empty but I put a few things into it, which may be causing it to crash. Nothing huge, but i did take a prefab character that's incredibly low-poly from the asset store and threw it into it. I'm not sure what else would be causing it, honestly.

I'll try the sample application like you said and see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM