Ouas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the psvr on both my ps4 on 5.05(backups) and my ps4 at 5.55. I found a good deal for the psvr and I'm this close from purchasing, but that's the question that's keeping me from going through with it.

Ouas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just so you know, from tomorrow there may be discounts on PSVR.

As in, international? And why is that, if I may ask? Thanks for the tip btw. The deal I found was PSVR+camera+vr words + GT vr+ a game of choice for 300 euros. But you are telling me that there will be better deals then?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you!

Ouas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a pain to unplug the cables and replug them in to another console though.

Haha I can imagine.. Then again, I'm not planning on switching between consoles a lot. It's more that some games need psn, so by the time I want to play that game I can switch to the other console.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by tech3475,

Ouas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[QUOTE="tech3475, post: 8033512, member: 183014

In the UK the normal price is £260 going down to £200 not including potential extra bundles e.g. extra free game.[/QUOTE]

Now you got me doubting again haha. However the standard bundle was rather pricey there compared to here where it already is around 200 pound/€249. I wonder if it will go any lower here. The deal I found would be 264 pound. That's almost the normal price you have in the uk for a standard bundle now. Maybe this deal is based on the whole discount thing, because it came up just today, while I have been looking into psvr for a couple of weeks now. I mean the headset, camera and three games is pretty nice. Only better deal, imo would be the inclusion of the move controllers.

Kretek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also recently bought the VR bunde (249 euro with Camera and download code and for PS VR world) am loving it. Fun thing to play a PlayStation 2 (Dragon Quest 8) on Virtual Reality 2d. Also bought a second PS4 (PRO) but it isnt activated, my FAT PS4 still has acces to YouTube and Mediaplayer plays fine. Sort of a dillema now... PS4 Pro does have better graphics but is stuck without MediaPlayer atm, thinking of upgrading my PS4 Pro to OFW and keeping my FAT on 5.0.5 VR is just that good and the games coming out soon ... only hassle is the cables you have to change every time...

Ouas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also recently bought the VR bunde (249 euro with Camera and download code and for PS VR world) am loving it. Fun thing to play a PlayStation 2 (Dragon Quest 8) on Virtual Reality 2d. Also bought a second PS4 (PRO) but it isnt activated, my FAT PS4 still has acces to YouTube and Mediaplayer plays fine. Sort of a dillema now... PS4 Pro does have better graphics but is stuck without MediaPlayer atm, thinking of upgrading my PS4 Pro to OFW and keeping my FAT on 5.0.5 VR is just that good and the games coming out soon ... only hassle is the cables you have to change every time...

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the vr so much. Can't wait for mine to come in today. Hope I'll be enjoying it as much as you are. Why not upgrade the fat and leave the pro on 5.05? Wouldn't that be a better choice?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So does PSVR work on hacked consoles
It's supposed to. I'll be finding out later today

Kretek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes VR does work but it needs to be turned on before powering on the PS4 and running the exploit. It's awesom imo, am loving playing my games on it, there are some dissadvantage's to my PRO vs FAT like my FAT can view Youtube 3D movies and Media... while my PRO isnt activated... Another nice thing is i can use the VR and someone else can watch on the TV.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes VR does work but it needs to be turned on before powering on the PS4 and running the exploit. It's awesom imo, am loving playing my games on it, there are some dissadvantage's to my PRO vs FAT like my FAT can view Youtube 3D movies and Media... while my PRO isnt activated... Another nice thing is i can use the VR and someone else can watch on the TV.
May i ask what CFW are you ruining your PSVR at? atm i'm still on unhacked 3.55FW and got PSVR today which CFW is stable for it 4.5 or 5.05?
tried to check any tutorials for VR on CFW didn't find any

Kretek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would go for the highest possible, 5.0.5 because some games will only work on the higher one ... im using Al azifs dns to block updates and than using the settings/user manual to load hen ... works like a charm, just remember turning on the VR before the PS4 ... have fun with it i know you will enjoy it ... its awesom :)

Reactions: alepman90

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
I would go for the highest possible, 5.0.5 because some games will only work on the higher one ... im using Al azifs dns to block updates and than using the settings/user manual to load hen ... works like a charm, just remember turning on the VR before the PS4 ... have fun with it i know you will enjoy it ... its awesom :)
Great i'll try it this weekend, btw it comes with demo disk does those have updated FW?

Reactions: Kretek

Kretek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well when i first connected the VR to my 5.0.5 PS4 it started to update the PS VR, so the PS4 update pup contains FW for the VR too, the demo disc would not surpase 5.0.5 dont worry

Reactions: alepman90

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
glad to see this thread - i also recently picked up as psvr due to the sony sale and was wondering if it would work on hacked 5.05.

glad to see it does so i wont have to return it.

the unit doesnt have to get activated online or anything silly like that does it ?

Kretek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Welcome onboard and enjoy your VR Trip dont worry nothing that needs to be activated, just update the VR firmware with your 5.05FW PS4, its very versatile, watching (3D) Movies, Playing (VR) PS4 Games, PS2 Games ... Have a nice stay :)

Reactions: pumpkinpies

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
glad to see this thread - i also recently picked up as psvr due to the sony sale and was wondering if it would work on hacked 5.05.

glad to see it does so i wont have to return it.

the unit doesnt have to get activated online or anything silly like that does it ?
Same got Skyrim bundle for $250 update my PS4 to 5.05 and used hen+mira option installed Superhot VR pkg and worked like charm with no issue
also cinema mode works fine for none VR games, my GT backup also worked great.
But yes you need to setup your VR before turning on your PS4 and login to the exploit, my only problem there's no way to log into my PSN account unless updating it to latest FW since it's new PS4
wish if there's a trick like PS3/PSV

Reactions: pumpkinpies

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome onboard and enjoy your VR Trip dont worry nothing that needs to be activated, just update the VR firmware with your 5.05FW PS4, its very versatile, watching (3D) Movies, Playing (VR) PS4 Games, PS2 Games ... Have a nice stay :)

thanks is there a guide or something on how to watch 3d movies or is it pretty straight forward ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.