illinialex24

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As most of you know, Nugasa and GCMM allow you to extract to supposedly extract savegames from your GC Memory card to the SD card. This would be very useful for myself for games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, and others, so I could use them fairly effectively. However, I have not gotten either program to work effectively and both times the program either doesn't recognize the GC Memory Card (I put it in slot A or B [tried both] for Nugasa and slot B for GCMM) even though it is recognized fine when I load GC games through a backup launcher or the game channel.

I have seen my save files only once with Nugasa (15 times tried or so) and when I tried to extract a save file, I got an error and had to reboot. I am wondering how can I fix this and if there is any other program I could use??

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 3rd party memory card for GCMM.

I'm having a trouble restoring a FFCC .gci file that I downloaded online. How am I suppose to rename the file so that GCMM can recognize it and restore it to my Memory card?

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a 3rd party memory card for GCMM.

I'm having a trouble restoring a FFCC .gci file that I downloaded online. How am I suppose to rename the file so that GCMM can recognize it and restore it to my Memory card?

change it to a file name that is only one (1) or two (2) characters not counting the the extension.

For example and also for something to try FF.gci for a two (2) character file name, or F.gci for a one (1) character file name.

I'm having trouble getting it to work but I think it's because I only have official Nintendo memory cards; my plan is to hunt down a 3rd party one from a pawn shop or other used/old video games+electronics store, and give that a try.

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
There is GCMM+ a modified version of GCMM that I made, which also contains the GCMM changes by PabloACZ and pikachu25 (from hacksden Forum), according to some testers 256 Block *original* memory cards do work with that version. For more infos check: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/development/39303-gcmm-rev03-gamecube-memorycard-manager/

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ill give it a try.

Any knowledge if it works with a 1019 block nintendo memory card or a 59 block nintendo memory card? That is all I have, no 256 ):

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
Dunno - I don't own those original cards. But some testers confirmed it working wit that 256 cards - it should work with others, too, they shouldn't be technically different.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
NuGaSa used to work for me, but then it unexpectedly stopped working.

GCMM is now my preferred save manager, and it's pretty, too.

Keep in mind that ANY GC memcard manager besides the official one (in the SM) will have trouble with official memcards.
EDIT: The regular GCMM in the Homebrew Browser worked with my 251 memcard from day 1. Same deal with my 1019.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NuGaSa used to work for me, but then it unexpectedly stopped working.

GCMM is now my preferred save manager, and it's pretty, too.

Keep in mind that ANY GC memcard manager besides the official one (in the SM) will have trouble with official memcards.
EDIT: The regular GCMM in the Homebrew Browser worked with my 251 memcard from day 1. Same deal with my 1019.

I have not tried my official 1019 block memory card. It's got all my important saves on it. If NuGaSa for GCMM can dump those on an SD card then I'll experiment with it, until then I'm not risking wiping the large portion of my child hood contained within that memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...