Hardware Using NTSC WiiU in Europe ; various questions...

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, did anyone from europe bought their console from US here ? Can we update, use the miiverse etc without any problems ?

Second and most important thing to me, since US uses 110v standard, how do we solve this problem? How did you guys solved it ?

If both this questions get positive answers I am gonna try to buy one from US.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You could probably just use the EU power adapter. But there are transformers around as well. And the power jack looks very similar to the Wii one but I am doubting that that will work correctly since the Wii U one is much larger and probably has a higher power requirement.

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, can anyone with a NTSC wiu in europe confirm this ? Also do they sell the european adapter seperately ?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I live in Qatar. We use the same power requirements in Europe so I should be able to answer your questions since I bought mine from NYC a month ago:
- you can use miiverse, and update and everything just fine.
- as others said, you can use a European adapter. But since you might not be able to find one, you can use a transformer (that's what I use)

Hope that helps :)

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you actually charge the wiiupad with that transformer too ? If so can you give me a link to for example the one you bought so I can look for it in my country ? BTW I am from Turkey.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yeah, the one I have actually has 2 ports. I use one one por for the Wii U power and the other one for the gamepad power.

I don't think you'll find it in your country. The model is called Jacobs. Says Tokyo, Japan on the box but also says made in china :/

In any case, I think any transformer would work for you. The one I have is 500 watt though

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the one I have actually has 2 ports. I use one one por for the Wii U power and the other one for the gamepad power.

I don't think you'll find it in your country. The model is called Jacobs. Says Tokyo, Japan on the box but also says made in china :/

In any case, I think any transformer would work for you. The one I have is 500 watt though

Sorry to keep bothering you but is it this one ?

http://local.techshopmag.com/Clore_...er_Inverter_Arcata_CA-r1346771-Arcata_CA.html

I am asking this because it says it provides 12v current while I read in another forum wiiu power brick requires 16v input. Sorry again I really got to be sure before I buy something.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey,
Well, they are more or less the same. Both should work fine.
I don't know anything about 12v vs 16v but I'm pretty sure 12v should work fine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To my reading the former is a 12V to US mains AC adapter (and for the money without proper sine wave replication which probably does not matter here) designed to power full things (well up to 500W which is most things that are not microwaves or vacuum cleaners) in cars, trucks and such like.
The latter is a step down transformer designed to take EU style mains power and output US style mains power. I am not sure what it does for frequency (UK mains is 50Hz where most of North America opts for 60Hz), I am a bit hazy on my high end switch mode stuff right now (standard rectified power supplies should be fine) but it should work fine. 300W (fused slightly higher) is about ten times the consumption I see around the internet which is nice.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump so late but, i recently bought a Wii U from the US (NTSC version) and i just use a traveladapter to convert the US pins to EU (Sweden). Works like a charm. I use 2 travel adapters, 1 for console and the other for the gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte