Using my N3DS, can I get the ROMs of my physical NDS games?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Quin452, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Quin452
    OP

Quin452 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2016
    Okay, so I followed a tutorial on here to finally get Homebrew on my N3DS. It's great, works a treat!
    The only reason I did this is so I can stream to my PC to record gameplay.

However, I was wondering if there is a way to get the ROMs from DS games so I can play them using an emulator on my PC. I'll record the gameplay from the emulator.

I know I can just download ROMs from the internet, but I want to make it as "legit" as possible, as I hope to transfer the save files back to the card in case I want to play away from my PC.

In the case of the Pokemon games, I want to be able to transfer them to Bank to complete my living dex (why being legit is important).

2. Olivier78640

Olivier78640 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    France
    Yes, you can!
    You can use two different A9LH payloads to do that:
    - Decrypt9: Go to "Gamecart Dumper Options" > "Dump Cart (full)" or "Dump Cart (trim)": Your .nds file will be saved under /files9/
    - GodMode9: Go under "[C:] GAMECART" > Copy the file that you prefer to use with Y > .. (go up one folder) > "[0:] SDCARD" > Navigate where you want to save your .nds file > Press Y to paste the file > Press A to validate
    Once you dumped the .nds file, you can use it in any Flashcard or Emulator and it should work right away !

3. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    If you use roms found on the internet, play on pc via an emulator, and transfer your saves back to your physical games - your pokemon will be just as legit.