Homebrew Using my CycloDS as an MP3 player

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've been out of the whole DS scene for a while now, and recently my poor iPod touch stopped working due to water damage, and I realized that my DS is fully capable of playing music. I've been using the latest moonshel release, but I would really prefer something more traditional that didn't rely on folder structure. For example, something where I could have a folder with all my music in it, and it could organize my mp3's by artist/song/whatever. I'm aware that there are programs that can organize my folders for me, but I would much rather have a program on my application on my DS that could do it for me. Is there anything out there like this?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dwight said:
Hey guys. I've been out of the whole DS scene for a while now, and recently my poor iPod touch stopped working due to water damage, and I realized that my DS is fully capable of playing music. I've been using the latest moonshel release, but I would really prefer something more traditional that didn't rely on folder structure. For example, something where I could have a folder with all my music in it, and it could organize my mp3's by artist/song/whatever. I'm aware that there are programs that can organize my folders for me, but I would much rather have a program on my application on my DS that could do it for me. Is there anything out there like this?
using the ipod clone?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioandLuigi150 is referring to "LMP-ng", but unfortunately Dwight I don't think any homebrew application is that sophisticated. Moonshell is probably as good as you're gonna get.

I kinda stopped using my DS as an MP3 player once I got an iPod, so I know where you're coming from. My suggestion would be to restructure your music library by folder. Annoying, yes, but if it's what you need to do...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...