Using ModMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jamio88, Mar 1, 2011.

Mar 1, 2011

Using ModMii by Jamio88 at 7:48 AM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, well I have my 1gb SD card and I got the ModMii to setup and run flawlessly via it. However I have an mp3 player that also works as a HDD (Via USB Cable). I would like to setup my HBC and my various apps for it to run through this.

I copied everything off my SD card onto my media player (that also function as a HDD) however when I go into the HBC nothing is displayed (until I pop my SD card back in, then it comes back up like it normally would).

How can I go about getting my HBC to run via my USB Hard Drive (I formated it to FAT32 and used ModMii on it to be setup identical to how I setup my SD card, except I told it to copy the files to the USB drive as opposed to the SD card).

According to the ModMii GUI, Everything was downloaded onto the HDD correctly but I can not go into the Wii Channels in order to install the channel (since it only lists "Wii" and "SD" in the options).

....So is there anyway to get this to work, or am I just completely missing something here?

all I know is that this is getting to be very frustrating to me and I am about fed up with it, lol.

any help would be awesome, because I am 100% confused on why this is not working.

Thanks for reading

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I can see 4 reasons why you have this. Well...5, but the last one (do you have a USB:\apps\\boot.dol on that MP3 player?) is probably taken care of since you copy-pasted whatever was on that SD card on your MP3-player:

1. is your MP3 player formatted as FAT32? It has to be in order to be found (NTFS won't' work, afaik).
    2. HBC settings. do you have the latest version (1.0.8) and do you have it set to load from USB (press 1 for the menu)? Oh, and do you have IOS58 installed?
    3. the connection: is it connected properly? I'm not sure if it is still needed, but for certainty, you may want to use the most outer USB port.
    4. perhaps your MP3 player simply isn't supported. a wii isn't built to accept and install additional drivers, so it kinda depends on the IOS which drivers it has.

3. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    1) Yes, I did format it to FAT32 (Which removed the music, photos, videos, ect. folders from it)
    2) Yes, I do have HBC 1.0.8, Will try to press 1 to load from USB, and yes I do have IOS58
    3) It is connected correctly as I have used it to boot ISO games
    4) I was thinking that too, but I can use it to boot ISO games, so figured it should work with the HBC as well.