Hacking Using M3i on 3DS but didn't need to run M3GUpdaterPlus_142

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working perfectly fine though. ROMs are working great and it's all working perfectly. I simply replaced the F_Core file in the ROOT folder, replaced the System folder, and plugged the M3i into my laptop via that black USB cable.

Is this wrong? Is there some reason everyone says I should run the M3GUpdaterPlus_142 file using a DS Lite/DSi first?

Also I wanted to load up M3 Sakura not M3 Real. How do I go about installing that?

fuze9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saf1 said:
It's working perfectly fine though. ROMs are working great and it's all working perfectly. I simply replaced the F_Core file in the ROOT folder, replaced the System folder, and plugged the M3i into my laptop via that black USB cable.

Is this wrong? Is there some reason everyone says I should run the M3GUpdaterPlus_142 file using a DS Lite/DSi first?

Also I wanted to load up M3 Sakura not M3 Real. How do I go about installing that?

If it is working as normal (and hey, kudos - is this a US 3DS?), holding A while booting should send you to the firmware selection screen.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's a US 3DS. Holding A doesn't seem to be working but I think I'll just try reinstalling Sakura. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Anyone that questions this will have their dick bitten off by our Chihuahua