1. MistaC

OP MistaC Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I modded my Wii U recently (as well as vWii) and have been using TeconMoon's Injection tool to create injections for the Wii U. I've done all the steps properly and installed them from the SD card to the external HDD through WUP Installer G2X and they show up on the Wii U home screen. The thing is... only the Wii backups work. The GameCube ones (which say Virtual Console) start to load and then Nintendont says "No FAT device found."

I've followed multiple YouTube videos and guides to see what I'm doing wrong and I still don't know what the issue is. Every time I get to the part where I should be able to load GC games without issue, I get this error screen. The external HDD is Wii U formatted. Has anyone run into this before?

2. Feffe

Feffe GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    You must have nintendont boot.dol inside your SD card. The Injector has an option to auto-download the latest update

3. MistaC

OP MistaC Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have it in apps>nintendont>boot.dol. Should it be on the root of the SD card? I've downloaded the latest Nintendont in the injection tool.

4. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I do believe that TeconMoon's injection tool support was broken in a recent Nintendont update.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    isn't it supposed to be formatted to fat32, not wii u format? I don't know if this applies to injected games, but you can just use a nintendont forwarder to select a game from a fat formatted drive.

6. MistaC

OP MistaC Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's supposed to be, but every video on YouTube that I've seen has been someone injecting GC games to a Wii U formatted drive and it works for them. It's odd that my Wii backups work but my GC ones don't.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This might be the reason. Do you have more information on this? or somewhere you read it? Do you think it might be worth looking into older versions of Nintendont in this case?

7. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wii VC games and GC VC game are handled differently. Wii VC games are run using vWii game loader whereas GC games are run through Nintendont. Can't compare the two.

8. MistaC

OP MistaC Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Still no solution on this... I'm at a complete loss. Wii U and Wii titles work without a single issue. What is the problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, injection, backups