Using Hori JP Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cd1, Jul 18, 2007.

Jul 18, 2007

Using Hori JP Screen Protectors by cd1 at 7:38 PM (859 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. cd1
    OP

Newcomer cd1 Member

United States
    Got this in the mail today, but as it is entirely in Japanese(which I expected), I am not sure of what to do exactly

Which protector is for which screen, and so on?
    does anyone have a link that outlines the instructions in english, or does someone have any insight?

thanks

I have read many examples of people having to discard them because of putting them on improperly, so if someone could help me out, that would be great

thanks

2. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    The touch screen protector should be slightly smaller than the other one. When you put that one on, it should leave a small gap around all edges. The top protector should fit perfectly on the whole screen, leaving no gaps.

I've seen so many posts where people trimmed the edges off the top protector because they didn't bother checking the sizes [​IMG]

3. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thats how we americans are [​IMG]

4. cd1
    OP

Newcomer cd1 Member

United States
    thanks
    any particular best way to put them on? and how should I go about removing the tabs exactly?

5. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
  6. cd1
    OP

Newcomer cd1 Member

United States
    I just finished putting them on

Id say I went through about half a roll of Scotch tape, I just kept taking the protectors off and getting crap off of the silicone side until I got it clean and perfect

a touch disappointed that the screens arent entirely covered as there is a millimeter or two uncovered on each side for both screens, but oh well

took me about 45 mins altogether [​IMG]

anyways thanks for the info

7. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    Having the gaps on the touch screen hasn't been a problem for me so far. I haven't found a game that needs you to go all the way to the edges like that, and the protectors are thin enough so the stylus won't "jump" on the gaps. The gaps can hold a bit of dust though, which can be a little annoying for someone like me who is obsessed with keeping everything dust and dirt free.