Hacking Using GW cheats with A9LH setup and linked emuNAND?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gateway doesn't support A9LH. If you want to use Gateway along with your sysNAND A9LH setup, I was thinking about creating a 9.2 emuNAND and somehow link it with your sysNAND. Why link it? Because if you link it, you can use your own CIAs/purchased games across both sysNAND and emuNAND. sysNAND is your primary NAND where you do most stuff. emuNAND you only use as a stepping stone for using cheats. You can play on emuNAND, beat a hard boss using a cheat and continue playing on your sysNAND without cheats. This only works with linked NANDs. To link NANDs I would just restore my 9.2 sysNAND backup to the emuNAND partition.

Can someone confirm if this theory would work? Also are there any cons of linked NANDs, some things I need to take into account when using linked NANDs this way?

Edit: I have issues creating an emuNAND that is linked with my sysNAND. Restoring my sysNAND to emuNAND with Decrypt9 resulted in an unlinked emuNAND. Then I tried to clone my A9LH-sysNAND to emuNAND to downgrade it, but this resulted in a black screen when trying to boot emuNAND. It seems you can't have A9LH in emuNAND. Am I out of luck?

Last edited by WiiUBricker,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can launch Gateway through a 9.2 emunand launched with firmware90.bin using AuReiNand by holding L on boot.
If you use sysNAND then just launch GW Sysnand mode.

Launching SysNAND with firmware90.bin will probably just cause a black screen.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can launch Gateway through a 9.2 emunand launched with firmware90.bin using AuReiNand by holding L on boot.
If you use sysNAND then just launch GW Sysnand mode.

Launching SysNAND with firmware90.bin will probably just cause a black screen.
Yeah, but the problem is getting a linked 9.2 emuNAND to work.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have succeeded. I now have a A9LH sysNAND on 10.7 and an emuNAND on 9.2 for Gateway. My NANDs are linked so that I can use my games both in sysNAND and emuNAND (for cheats) without installing them twice. And yes, the Gateway cheats system is so much better than NTR :hrth:

If anyone is interested in doing the same, basically here are the steps I did (beginning from an A9LH+sysNAND setup):

1. Clone your A9LH sysNAND (10.7) to emuNAND using emuNAND9
2. Hold R during boot to launch your newly created 10.7 emuNAND (with the firmware.bin)
3. Launch PlaiSysUpdater (on emuNAND!) and downgrade your emuNAND to 9.2 using a 9.2 downgrade package from *censored*
4. Copy the firmware90.bin to the aurei folder on your SD card
5. Hold L during boot to launch your 9.2 emuNAND

Now you can launch the Gateway menu with the GW app.

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really don't need the Nands linked. Just boot 9.2 emunand with firm90.bin and boot gateway mode but while its booting hold L and boot sysnand

Last edited by Faolan,

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You really don't need the Nands linked. Just boot 9.2 sysnand with firm90.bin and boot gateway mode but while its booting hold P and boot sysnand
P? I assume you mean B? And what would that accomplish? Gateway menu on 10.7 sysNAND? I don't have a 9.2 sysNAND and don't plan to revert back to using one.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have succeeded. I now have a A9LH sysNAND on 10.7 and an emuNAND on 9.2 for Gateway. My NANDs are linked so that I can use my games both in sysNAND and emuNAND (for cheats) without installing them twice. And yes, the Gateway cheats system is so much better than NTR :hrth:

If anyone is interested in doing the same, basically here are the steps I did (beginning from an A9LH+sysNAND setup):

1. Clone your A9LH sysNAND (10.7) to emuNAND using emuNAND9
2. Hold R during boot to launch your newly created 10.7 emuNAND (with the firmware.bin)
3. Launch PlaiSysUpdater (on emuNAND!) and downgrade your emuNAND to 9.2 using a 9.2 downgrade package from *censored*
4. Copy the firmware90.bin to the aurei folder on your SD card
5. Hold L during boot to launch your 9.2 emuNAND

Now you can launch the Gateway menu with the GW app.
Thanks!!!!!! I will do this and go back to getting badges :-) Hopefully there's a current eShop spoof method with 9.2.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks!!!!!! I will do this and go back to getting badges :-) Hopefully there's a current eShop spoof method with 9.2.
You don't need one. You can buy eshop stuff using your 10.7 sysnand. The install directory will be the same for your sysNAND and emuNAND. Then dump the ticket.db of your sysNAND with Decrypt9 and inject it to your emuNAND. Doing this will let your eshop stuff show up on emuNAND.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You don't need one. You can buy eshop stuff using your 10.7 sysnand. The install directory will be the same for your sysNAND and emuNAND. Then dump the ticket.db of your sysNAND with Decrypt9 and inject it to your emuNAND. Doing this will let your eshop stuff show up on emuNAND.
How will that let me play Badge Arcade (the reason I want to be able to use my Gateway)?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How will that let me play Badge Arcade (the reason I want to be able to use my Gateway)?
You want to cheat online?
CQmOeKyVAAEGDxZ.jpg

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.