Hacking Using Gateway on N3ds 8.1?

Noobist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, so I've finally acquired a copy of Cubic Ninja to use with the N3ds LL that I imported; the problem is that it's on 8.1.0 -0J and, as you know, Gateway can't do much on that. Anyways, I've looked into updating it and of course found that using the NTR CFW to update sysnand would be the best option, sadly I don't know the first thing about networking so I'd like to avoid that. I've gone through all the other ways I can find to update emunand instead but none work out:

1. Update emunand via cias from 3dnus. This would work fine, if I could open the multi-rom menu to use an installer.

2. Update emunand via a rom by holding up while booting Gateway mode. Again, I need the multi-rom menu for this...

3. Update emunand via a cart by holding up while booting classic mode. I have a Sky3ds so I can do this, but I've heard that it always ends badly (either sysnad updates, or it bricks it).

4. Manually replace system files with newer ones after decrypting emunand. This is harder, but still feasible, but it requires ninjhax to launch decrypt9 ... and ninjax doesn't work without a web browser installed.

... It seems that I'm out of options (barring fiddling with sysnand); are there any that I haven't listed/have listed but will actually work?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's honestly not much you can do without NTR to update your sysNAND to 9.2 (and then easily update it via CIAs to 9.5). From what I can tell you don't really need to know much about networking to actually get it going. Perhaps Oishikatta can help guide you through the process? He seems to have helped others in the upgrading thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay